Pages

Sunday, April 14, 2024

Eclipse!

I'm a little late, but wanted to share my eclipse experience with you all, even though you are probably sick of it!  :)
I was working the day of the eclipse and figured I really wouldn't see much.  



However, one of the girls in the office, brought in a bunch of eclipse glasses!  For our area, we were to be at 95% of totality.  The eclipse was to start about 1:40, be at 95% at 3:10 and be done at 4:30.



Shortly after 2, we started going out to the side yard one at a time and checking how it looked.




As it got closer to 3, more of us went out.



Here's a few pictures I took to show how the sky was getting darker as we approached 3:00. The white spots in the pictures aren't clouds, the sky was clear.  They're reflections of the lights in the building and as it got darker outside, the  reflections got brighter.


















At 3:10, we all went out to the front parking lot and watched for about 10 minutes.  Then it was back inside and back to work.





Here's some professional shots taken in our area that shows what we were seeing.
I was so glad I was able to see it.  I was reminded of how amazing God is, to have created a huge universe, that has moons revolving around planets and planets going around the sun, with all of them at just the right distance to allow humans to live on the earth.

"The heavens declare the glory of God, the skies proclaim the work of His hands. Day after day they pour forth speech, night after night they reveal knowledge. They have no speech, they use no words, no sound is heard from them. Yet, their voice goes out into all the world."
Psalm 19:1-4

17 comments:

Debby said...

Wow, pretty cool.

Donna said...

The photos are wonderful!
I agree with you about God and His masterpieces! Beautiful...
hugs
Donna

roentare said...

That is so cool

The Happy Whisk said...

Looks like a good time was had by all. Very cool.

Pamela M. Steiner said...

That is amazing!! We didn't get to see anything like that here in Florida, so I love seeing these photos. What a special treat God gave us that day, and the verse you shared from Psalms 19 is perfect!!

Sparky said...

Super cool. We had about 30% totality in SE Georgia. It barely got darker but it was still fun.
Blessings. 🤗

Dianna said...

Mari, thank you for sharing your eclipse experience. God is definitely an amazing God.

Jeanette said...

Those are great eclipse shots! I did not have any glasses to look through. I was wishing I had bought them a month ago or two when I saw them for sale.

Lowcarb team member said...

I did enjoy this post, many thanks for sharing your eclipse experience with us.

All the best Jan

Terri D said...

It had to be exciting and very interesting to be in the areas where you could really see the eclipse. It didn't even get much darker here but in 20 years, it will be dead center over Lakeland. Not sure I'll be around to see it but nice that some will get a turn at God's amazing works! Thanks for sharing, Mari!!

happyone said...

Nice to see your eclipse experience.
We enjoyed seeing it here too.

Mandy said...

So glad you could see it at work! I hate it was rainy and cloudy here, but I managed to see a good bit. Those are some great shots of it!

Jenny the Pirate said...

Oh I'm so glad you got to see all of that. I was driving during the whole thing, hahaha! xoxo

Pam said...

We were not at the total of the eclipse but in 2017 we were so I have seen one and it was cool. Funny when you look around and see everyone with cardboard glasses on and everyone looking up. Neat...

Catherine said...

We had one once and I remember it was dark, cold and the birds stopped singing.

Prims By The Water said...

It was an awesome experience and so glad you were able to see it too! Janice

Kim said...

We had about 90% coverage. It wasn't as dark as I thought it would be, but it was very cool...especially when it suddenly got sunny again!