Pages

Monday, January 10, 2022

Fun Weekend!

 We had a fun filled weekend.  We had Cassie overnight Friday.  She is such a happy kid, smiles a lot and rarely cries.  The crying happens when she is trying to fight going to sleep and when you try to change her clothes.  She's not a fan of that!

She is walking around furniture a lot but hasn't quite realized she can do it on her own yet.







She slept all night - didn't get up until almost 8 am.








Peanut butter toast at lunch time.  It's best to just take the clothes off ahead of time!


On Saturday afternoon we had an open house for my nephew Nick and his new bride.  It was a lovely venue, with a very nice lunch and time with friends and family.  We handed off Cassie to Heather and Andrew and then made another stop.

The doctor I worked with at the skilled nursing facility is retiring.  I've talked to him a few times since leaving there, and since the reception was in the area where he lives, he and his wife wanted us to stop over to see a project he'd recently finished at his house.

That worked well, as we had a retirement gift for him.


Doc is an avid birdwatcher, so Bob did a carving of him, out in nature, looking for birds.





I had talked to his wife some time ago to get an idea of what he wears when he goes out birding, so she wasn't surprised, but he was and really liked it.

We had a nice visit, and then he said he had something for me as well, to thank me for the years of working with him.


Aren't they beautiful?  I was blessed to work with him for many years.  He taught me a lot and was always an excellent doctor.  I'm happy for him to enjoy retirement and I'm sure we'll talk occasionally.

21 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

The carving is wonderful, and does look just like him! Bob is so very talented! Cassie is such a doll, and looks so happy to be at Grandma's! The flowers are gorgeous!

Deb J. in Utah said...

Wow, Bob is so talented at wood carving. What a lovely gift for your doctor friend - and the flowers he gave you are beautiful. Cassie is getting to be so big! I remember when she was born. So glad you had a nice weekend. Sounds like it is really cold where you are. Have a good week.

Susan said...

Cassie is so cute and that carving is amazing!

Catherine said...

Bob is overy talented.the carving is a beautiful present! Cassie is SO cute!
Congratulations to Bob!

Hootin Anni said...

First, love Cassie. That next to the last photo is one to be framed!!!
Then, the carving?!! Perfect in every way. Tell Bob, I wear blue jeans, black t-shirt and white tennis shoes when I'm out birding. (Just kidding).

Terri D said...

Bob is such a talented artist!! I know your friend will treasure that gift, always! The flowers are beautiful and how nice that he thought to do that for you! Cassie will be walking everywhere soon!! She is so cute and is growing up so fast. Stay warm and safe up there in the cold country!! xo

Sparky said...

That little darlin' sure is growing. Cassie is so cute. Love her smile.
The carving is so cool! I'll bet he treasures that always. I know I would.
Blessings. xx

Changes in the wind said...

Cassie has grown so much and is so very cute. I am glad you will be having her over like the other two and making memories. The carving is a special gift for a special friend for sure.

Judy said...

Cassie is absolutely adorable. I used to do that too when my young ones were around her age. Bob did an amazing job on the carving, what a sweet gift. I'm sure he will cherish it and think you two whenever he looks at it.

Beside a babbling brook... said...

Your husband is sooooo talllllllented! I've seen Jenny's Pirate of course.

Very interesting how you all, in your "neck of the woods," are living life, without fear of the ol' China-Covid!!!!!! Or of the latest variant, pronounced I'macold!!!! -grin-

It is totally refreshing!!!!!!!

Merry Midwinter
🌲🌟🔥🌲🔥🌟🌲

Annsterw said...

WOW! That carving is spectacular!! That is truly a gift and a talent!! WOW! Stay safe out there - HUGS

Connie said...

I am so impressed with that wood carving. It will become a treasured heirloom :)

happyone said...

Oh wow the carving is fantastic. I am impressed!! Love it!!

Debby said...

Wow, that carving is awesome and looks just like him. What a special gift.

Cassie is adorable.

Suemn said...

Wow! Bob is really talented. I love the carving. Cassie is such a cutie and it's great that she's such a good natured baby:)

Henny Penny said...

Cassie is the sweetest most adorable child! I love her dark sparkling eyes. She looks like a very happy littl girl. I can't get over the carving Bob did of the doctor. That is amazing! What a talent, and what a special gift. And, your flowers are just beautiful.

Arlene G said...

Bob is so talented....what a wonderful retirement tribute. And that Cassie just keeps getting cuter.

Kim said...

YOur granddaughter is so sweet and getting so big, so fast! What a joy to have her for a night. Your husband is very, very talented. That carving is amazing. Wow, he's truly an artist. I bet the doctor will cherish that forever.

Doris said...

What a sweet way to honor a great working relationship. That carving is incredible!
Your granddaughter is a sweetheart!

LL Cool Joe said...

Bob is so talented that carving is amazing.

I love Cassie's shoes and jeans. She looks like she's going to be a trendy young girl!

Jenny the Pirate said...

This all brought a tear to my eye. First, precious Cassie, so big and learning so many new things. What a heart-warming smile she has! Then, the amazing carving that Bob made for your doctor friend. I was reminded of the day that my Jenny the Pirate carving came to my door, and how overwhelmed I was that someone with such incredible talent, would make something so unique and special for me. Those carvings are world-class and instant heirlooms. I don't understand why Bob is not world famous, but then who would want that? Also the flowers the doctor had for you, touched my heart. I wish everyone could always be like that. I know you're sad in some ways at the endings, but your new beginnings will lead to wonderful things too. xoxo