Pages

Sunday, April 18, 2021

Little Critters

 Last week, I had a day where I had a few unusual critter cross my path.


It started in the morning on my way to work.  This is not unusual because several homes near us have chickens, and they are free range.  They like to cross the road, and don't feel that they need to hurry for any vehicles coming their way.  This chicken was with a few others, who slowly meandered in front of me and then made their way into the woods.



After I had been at work for a little while, I saw something outside my window..  We have a storage building behind our facility, and something was walking in front of it.

It was a racoon!  He really wanted to get inside.


He finally gave up and wandered off.  I'm glad the doors were all closed up though, because he would have made himself at home in that building!


Last was the craziest sighting!
I got out of work early because I had to come back and work at night.  I hadn't had lunch, so was driving through McDonalds.  I was asked to pull ahead and wait.  There was another car in front of me, and imagine my surprise when I saw this critter, come out the window and hang out on the drivers arm!

A beautiful, brightly colored parrot!  This is not a common sight in our area,



He was huge, and you can't see how long his tail was.  It was so cool to see.
I got my lunch and came home.  No more critters were seen on my drive.


21 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

This is the best post! The parrot sighting would have made my whole month!! Wonder if he will get a bite of burger? I am thinking there was some food in that shed.

Anni said...

Those are all pretty neat to see. That parrot is gorgeous.

Mari said...

Ginny - there's no food in that barn, There are just extra supplies there.

LL Cool Joe said...

I thought you were going to make a joke about why the chicken crossed the road.:D Racoons are cute but from a distance and not inside where they shouldn't be.

And why is someone holding a parrot outside the drive thru McDonalds? Seems a bit weird!

Martha said...

A critter spotting day for sure! Of course the gorgeous parrot is the best of all!

Changes in the wind said...

That was a pretty rooster and an amazing parrot!

Beside a babbling brook... said...

A big red parrot!!!!! Imagine!

It must be very tame, or have a lead on it, that you can't see. -smile-

How delightful for the neighborhood chickens, that they can free roam. Son's next door, roam in their yard.

🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸

Sparky said...

Nice photos. On our last visit to south Texas there were a lot of parrots that come up from Mexico and roost all over the place. They are pretty to see. Noisy too. One of our country neighbors have a whole flock Guineafowl now. I see them all over the place. They're kinda fun to watch. Good eatin' too. *lol* xx

Suemn said...

Wow, I would be so afraid the parrot would fly away:) It sure is a beautiful parrot and I am sure the owner feels confident that the bird won't fly away. It was your day for critter sightings!

Terri D said...

How wild was that!! Critters everywhere and you caught them all!! Thanks for sharing, Mari. Loved seeing the fun! xo

Debi said...

You certainly experienced wildlife! I would have been so afraid that the parrot would fly away... he must have been very well trained. Have a great week!

Laurel Wood said...

They are all amazing but the parrot would have been such a shock. Beautiful!
I hope you can rest soundly tonight, sounds like your hectic schedule continues.

sharon said...

I live in New Jersey in the suburbs and we've had raccoons getting into people's roofs to have their babies. That one that you have pictured didn't look like a pregnant mama though. Fun post !

Henny Penny said...

I can't imagine seeing all those critters in one day...and such unusual ones...well except for the chicken.

Saija said...

LOL ... love the pics! God was delighting in your delight on this day!

Catherine said...

The parrot is beautiful . You crossed the way of many animal this day lol

Jeanette said...

You have had some great critter sightings! The people that live a few houses down from us rescue parrots and they will walk down the street pulling them in a wagon sometimes!

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

Holy Doctor Doolittle day! Lol 😂 That is kinda crazy to have all that critter action in one day. That parrot, though. Just gorgeous!

Laura said...

So funny! The parrot is definitely the craziest one!

Great-Granny Grandma said...

What an amazing parrot. If I had been the owner, I would have been afraid to let it out the window like that lest it fly away.

Jenny the Pirate said...

Haaahahahaha a three-critter day! That is awesome! My brother who lives in Texas has an African gray parrot that rides with him in the car. Shawn puts him out the window like this at traffic lights so that the bird can use the restroom. They are quite a pair, hahaa xoxo