Pages

Wednesday, April 14, 2021

Cooking Thursday

 Todays recipe is one I've shared before, but it's been awhile.  This time of year I make more salads.  This is a pasta salad that is so good!  I got the recipe from Carrie at Northwoods Scrapbook some time ago, and I make it quite often.  Everyone always likes it, so I thought I would share again!



Broccoli and Grape Pasta Salad

8 ounces bow tie pasta
1 pound fresh broccoli
1 cup mayonnaise
1/3 cup sugar
1/3 cup diced red onion
1/3 cup red wine vinegar
1 teaspoon salt
2 cups seedless red grapes, halved
8 slices bacon slices, cooked and crumbled
1 cup Fresh Gourmet honey roasted almonds

Cook pasta as directed on package, drain and rinse with cool water.
Cut broccoli florets from stems and separate into small pieces.
Whisk together mayonnaise, sugar, onion, vinegar and salt.
Stir together pasta, grapes and broccoli, then stir mayonnaise sauce in.
Refrigerate at least 3 hours before serving.  Stir almonds and bacon into salad immediately before serving.


12 comments:

Jean said...

That looks really delicious! We don't eat pasta anymore unfortunately. I made broccoli salad last weekend, a lot of the same ingredients minus the pasta. Golden raisins, not grapes. We loved it.

Ginny Hartzler said...

It looks delicious, and very healthy!

Laurel Wood said...

This looks delicious. Perfect for this time of year.

Deb J. in Utah said...

This looks delicious. I will give it a try! Perfect for the coming summer.

Suemn said...

Looks like another winner that I'd like to try. I think that I'll make this next week after I purchase the ingredients.

R's Rue said...

Yum

Jenny the Pirate said...

OK I'm not normally a pasta salad maker but THIS looks excellent. I know my family will love it. So fresh and tasty. I have copied this one and I think I'll make it for Mother's Day lunch! xoxo

Beside a babbling brook... said...

Ohhhh yummmmmmm....

Must 'bookmark' this!!!!!

Thank you!!!!

💛🌼🌻🌼💛

Sparky said...

That sure looks good. Thanks for sharing. xx

Terri D said...

Looks and sounds so good. I could take this to a church potluck!! Thanks!

Suemn said...

I couldn't wait and made this today. It is so-o-o good. I will bookmark this and make again. Wish I had a potluck to go to so I could bring this. It's that good.

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

I'm so glad you found this one a keeper my dear Mari girl! It is here too! 😋