Pages

Thursday, September 24, 2020

Time to go home!

 Friday morning came around and it was time to got home.  We had such an amazing time, seeing the beautiful state of PA, surrounding ourselves with history and enjoying spending time together.

We left fairly early, as once again we had a long drive ahead!  We were packed and on the road at 8am.


It was a dreary morning, we ran into a little rain and saw lots of these misty clouds hanging over the mountains.



I love barns and I may have said "Look at that cool barn" a time or maybe 50 times as we drove during the week.  So on our drive home, Andrew kept pointing out barns and saying "Is that a cool barn, Mom?"  I had to instruct him on the things that make a barn cool:  #1 - character, #2 - setting, #3 - ability to take the photo...



Another part of the trip that was a running joke was the PA toll roads.  Because of Covid, they weren't taking cash.  Every time we were near an exit, there would be a sign saying "We'll bill you".   So we kept saying that - don't worry - we'll bill you!  And this issue is ongoing.  Because we were driving a rental card, I've been trying to get online to pay that bill.  I ended up having to call, get an account set up and now have to wait.  The girl I talked to said "we'll bill you!"  and it will come in the mail in the next month...   I would so much have preferred to pay cash!



As we got closer to home, the rain and mist went away and the sky got blue!
We dropped off Heather and Andrew around 6pm, and then made it back to our house around 6:30.
We were thankful for safe travels and a trip to remember!

Stats:
Miles driven: 1776!  (I didn't fudge to get this number.  I couldn't believe when I did the math and it came up with 1776 considering the history we took part in on this vacation(
Photos taken (just by me):  543 (My poor family is always waiting on me...)
Statues and monuments seen: too many to count
States driven in: Michigan, Ohio, Pennsylvania
Animals seen:  Deer, Woodchuck, Turkey, squirrels, Sasquatch  (Ok - the sasquatch was a fake one) :)
Memories made:  Sooo many!

14 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

Even on the way home, lots of interesting and pretty scenery. Boy, you sure got an early start!

Hootin Anni said...

Awesome mileage...it's a sign from above!! Oh, those toll roads. We rented a car once (the toll booth had no-one in it, so we drove right on thru. Our picture was taken & we did get a bill in the mail...from the rental company. Love the added "animal" seen.

Changes in the wind said...

Thank you for taking us along on your amazing trip. Don't think I would be too happy about "we will bill you" either. Hope you don't get some outrageous bill.

Terri D said...

I always love going along on your adventures with you!! Great photos and you made some great memories!! One of our favorite "travel jokes" is counting the number of towns along the way called 'Falling Rock'. There are a bunch of them in the mountains!! LOL

thismammablogs.x said...

Im forever taken photos and making scrapbooks something to treasure x

Sandi said...

Michigan! My home state. 😊 I'm envious. I haven't been back in years.

Ramblings of a Retired Lady said...

That was ONE good trip for sure.

The Liberty Belle said...

Sounds like a fabulous trip! It's always so nice when you get to experience such things with those you love. Glad you made it home safe and sound.

Kim said...

1776!?! Wow, a thematic trip from start to finish!!

LL Cool Joe said...

543 photos!! Your family must be very patient! :D

Great-Granny Grandma said...

You got some great shots. I especially like the one of the toll booths, with a vehicle in each one. Not having taken any trips that required tolls since the pandemic, I had no idea they weren't taking cash, but I guess it makes sense.

Laura said...

Glad you made it safely home!

I think you might have confused your numbers though - are you sure you didn't take 1776 photos? ;)

Dianna said...

PA does have lots of toll booths. When we drove to Maine a couple of years ago there were a couple of states that mailed us our bill. Some states are more punctual with billing than others. 😉

Jenny the Pirate said...

Haaahaa you mean you found statues and monuments that haven't been torn down? Good job! We went through that "we'll bill you" thing in New England last year. We got bills for a long time. They want everything! I can't wait to read about the rest of your trip (I'm working backwards. I'll thank you not to snicker). xoxo