Pages

Sunday, September 27, 2020

It's Apple time!

 I stopped at my Dad and step-moms house Saturday.  While talking I saw such a picturesque scene out the back.  Dad planted apple and pear trees out there quite a few years ago.  He usually gets a lot of fruit, and on this day he had been out picking apples for someone, and they were sitting in baskets.  I had to wander out with my camera to capture it.


Looks like Fall, right?



The trees were loaded and there was fruit on the ground.







Hee's my 91 year old step-mom.  She was out hanging clothes on the line when I got there, and then she went out to gather apples and pears.  She's like the energizer bunny - just keeps going!



Lots of pears on the trees and the ground too.
Yes - I took some home!   :)


12 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

What lovely scenes! Wonder what your step-mom's secret is? Maybe an apple and a pear a day!

Hootin Anni said...

Delicious fruit, I'm sure! And I do really love that photo of your step mom in the orchard!!

LL Cool Joe said...

We have pears and apples in our garden but they all look a bit manky! Not like those!

Arlene G said...

How wonderful that your step mom is still able to manage her laundry and pick apples!! Those apples are so pretty and red. I love this time of year.

Terri D said...

Lovely photos and God bless your step-mom! She looks great! You know how much I miss apple orchards and to have pears too... awesome!! I know you enjoyed the fruit!

Susan said...

One of my craft projects has apples the topic. I enjoyed looking at your pictures.

Deb J. in Utah said...

I love all those beautiful apples! Are you going to make some pie?? Have a good week. See you again soon!

Debi said...

How fortunate for your dad and step mom to have apples and pears right in their backyard! And so generous of them to share!

Great-Granny Grandma said...

Your step mom looks to be in great shape. What a blessing at that age.
How wonderful to have apples and pears right in your yard. The top photo would make a lovely jigsaw puzzle.

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

This is so picture perfect Fall! Love it! And so jealous of those trees. 😉 🍎

Dianna said...

Your dad and stepmom are amazing people, Mari. You are blessed, my friend. You got some beautiful fruit pictures to enjoy.

Jenny the Pirate said...

Those two are just marvels! The salt of the earth. I adore pears and I wish you'd send me a box. You know how to cushion them in a special inner liner and wrap them individually, just so, in brown paper; right? Haaahaha I'll be watching for the delivery guy xoxo