Pages

Wednesday, April 22, 2020

Cooking Thursday

One of Bob's favorite meals is meatloaf.  I came across this recipe that used Stove Top Stuffing instead of bread crumbs and decided to try it.
It was so easy to mix up and we really liked the flavor.

Stove Top Stuffing Meatloaf

1 pkg Stove Top stuffing, any flavor
1 cup hot water
1 1/2 pounds lean ground beef
1 envelope brown gravy mix
1 scant cup cold water
2 eggs
1/2 cup catsup
1/4 cup brown sugar

In a medium bowl, stir stuffing mix and hot water.  Let rest 5 minutes
In another bowl, stir together the ground beef, gravy mix, water and eggs.
Stir stuffing mix and meat mix together.
Spray a large loaf pan with non stick cooking spray.  Press meat mix into pan.
Bake at 350 degrees for 60-70 minutes.
Mix catsup and brown sugar and pour over top of meatloaf.  Bake another 5-10 minutes.
Let rest for 5 minutes before serving.

16 comments:

Joyful said...

That looks very tasty Mari.

Sylvia said...

Just looking at your latest recipe - catsup is a new one on me but Mr. Google revealed it as ketchup!!

Hootin Anni said...

Looks mighty tasty!! Who woulda thought of stove-top? (I like meat loaf too!!)

Beth Cotell said...

Yum! I bet that's really tasty!!! I love a good meatloaf.

Tanza Erlambang said...

meatloaf and meatball are my favorites...
Thank you for sharing recipe

Linda said...

Yummy!!! It was my husbands turn last night to cook, he made the gosh awfullest tacos. I am like, "How can you ruin a simple dish?" Oh, but he did. sigh.

Changes in the wind said...

I would have never thought of it but it sounds good.

Kerin said...

Sounds yummy.
Meatloaf is a favorite meal for some of our family member too, and truly comfort food :)

Terri D said...

This sounds delicious!! Saving to Pinterest! Thanks, Mari!

Dianna said...

Sounds really yummy.

Annie said...

It's always fun seeing someone else's version of meatloaf. It's one of those things that everyone has their own recipe for. This looks really good!

Ramblings of a Retired Lady said...

I would not have thought of that but bet it was tasty.

Henny Penny said...

I've never made good meat load. Think I'll try this. Thank you Mari.

Sally said...

I made meatloaf the other day, and it was good. But, I wish I'd seen your recipe earlier! Looks and sounds so good. Will try that next time.

xoxo

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

What a cool and different idea - I bet it does add a lot of flavor and wouldn't need to season the meat as much. I may have to steal that. Thanks 😋

Jenny the Pirate said...

WOW! Now you know that I have my own way of making meatloaf but I'm going to try this! Sounds delicious. Duly copied. Thanks, Mari! xoxo