Pages

Wednesday, January 29, 2020

Cooking Thursday

This is a recipe I may have shared before, because I've been making it for many years.  These are yummy dessert bars, that are easy to make and everyone always likes them.

Chocolate Streusel Bars

1 3/4 cup flour
1 1/2 cup powdered sugar
1/2 cup cocoa
1 cup cold butter
1 - 8 ounce package cream cheese
1 - 14 ounce can sweetened condensed milk
1 egg
2 teaspoons vanilla

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Combine flour, sugar and cocoa. Cut in butter until crumbly (mixture will be very dry). Reserve 2 cups crumb mixture and press remainder on bottom of 9x13 pan. Bake 15 minutes. Beat cream cheese until fluffy. Gradually beat in condensed milk until smooth. Add egg and vanilla. Mix well. Pour over prepared crust. Sprinkle reserved crumb mixture over cheese mixture. Bake 25 minutes or until bubbly. Cool and chill. Cut into small squares and store in refrigerator.

15 comments:

Buttercup said...

These look so good. I am currently ovenless, but when I get my oven back these go on my baking list.

Deb J. in Utah said...

Oh my, those look SOOOOO good! Thanks for sharing!

Marilyn @ MountainTopSpice said...

This does look like such a delicious recipe! It is almost like a chocolate cheesecake in a bar! YUM!

Joyful said...

Those look so good. I would make them but the condensed milk scares me (sugar content).

Ramblings of a Retired Lady said...

They look so good and anything with condensed milk in it, has to be!

Arlene G said...

I need one of these with my coffee this morning!! Yum!

Henny Penny said...

These look so good! I may have to adjust my grocery list for today. and my diet!

Terri D said...

Well, I want some right now, please!!

Jenny the Pirate said...

Haahaha I copied this recipe from Cooking Thursday in January of 2015 and again in January of 2018, according to my email recipe file (I send the recipes to myself, like a little gift). I haven't made them yet (I don't think) but I soon will. This time I really mean it. xoxo

Jenny the Pirate said...

WAIT! I just searched again for emails containing Chocolate Streusel Bars and found one from March of 2015 where I wrote to you, telling you that Audrey had made the streusel bars for my birthday party that year! We also had homemade pizza! I knew I'd had those streusel bars and they are spectacular. I also know we will make them again soon. That is all. xoxo

Connie said...

Yum! My problem is that I'm still working on getting my holiday pounds back off. I'm almost there, then I can enjoy sweets again . . . only not as often as I do during the holidays, LOL.
Happy baking! These look amazing.

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

Wow these sound wonderful!! I'm definitely adding to my recipe box ❤️

Debi said...

These sound absolutely decadent I can't believe they are so easy to make!

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

These look DANGEROUS! Lol 😂

Great-Granny Grandma said...

They look super yummy.