Pages

Sunday, January 12, 2020

Alaina and Ruby spend the night

Alaina and Ruby came to spend the night Friday night.  Here's a few pictures of our time.

 Here they are with Bob, looking at some old photos of their mom when she was young.  They loved seeing them, and then had their usual snack of cheese and crackers.  It's funny how they like the same thing every time!



 Both girls love playing with this Newtons Cradle toy.  I've untangled those ball more often than you would imagine!



Ruby, all snuggled up watching a movie.



Saturday morning, Bob was planning to leave fairly early in the morning to meet Aaron and do some work at his sisters house.  He was quietly trying to get up and get out of the house, but Alaina woke up and was very set on going with him.  She knew her Dad was also going and she likes to see their dogs.  So Bob agreed to have her come along.  Ruby was ok with staying with me and we waved good bye to them.


Here's the cute message she left for me.  The little drawings on the bottom are donut holes.  :)


Ruby and I had breakfast and then she went to her room to get dressed.

 When I checked her, she was making her bed - not easy when it's the top bunk!



 Ruby and I had fun making some paper snowflakes.






The finished snowflakes.


Because we were having a winter storm and lots of ice was predicted, I took Ruby home earlier than usual.
We had a good drive home and I enjoyed talking to her by herself.  We saw a bunch of birds and she wondered if they were flying south. I told her they were birds that stayed here all winter.  She said God must give them extra feathers to stay warm in the cold!  We talked about how amazing God is that he made everything different and she said God really loves us, right?   She makes me smile.


It was good I brought her home when I did, because by the time I got back home our pathway gate was looking like this.


Bob came home mid-afternoon, I was happy to see him home safely, and we stayed in for the rest of the day.

16 comments:

Terri D said...

Those girls are so sweet and are growing up so fast!! I'm sure Alaina had fun with Grandpa. Nice that you both got some one-on-one with each of the girls. Thanks for sharing the fun and I'm glad everyone was safely home in that bad weather!

Deb J. in Utah said...

What a nice weekend with your cute granddaughters! It is so great you get to spend so much time with them. Have a great week!

Heather said...

I love Ruby's comment. "God really loves us, right?" What a great reminder.

peppylady (Dora) said...

Hi stop in from Annie. I recall doing snow flakes my self and look forward doing them with my Grand Daughters.
If you have time stop in for a cup of coffee

Ramblings of a Retired Lady said...

I think it is so sweet that they enjoy spending time with y'all and they are so cute and growing so fast. My grandmother used to tell me she was going to put a book on my head to keep me from growing up so fast! lol Have a great new week.

Linda said...

I really enjoy it when you talk about the girls. Always makes my day, smiles. Thanks for sharing, Mari, have a great day, friend.

Arlene G said...

It is good to have one on one time with the grands. Love your pretty snowflakes, the ice not so much!:)

Anita said...

What a sweet journal entry of a visit from your granddaughters! They are so blessed to have the two of you in their lives.

Laura said...

She was so proud of her snowflakes. She had to hang them in our front window right away. :)

Annie said...

How fun! It doesn't get much better than spending the night at Grandma and Grandpa's house! You have ice and we have snow...time for everyone to stay nice and cozy inside. :)

Debi said...

I just love when the grands come to visit and I particularly love when we get to have each one alone. Your granddaughters are adorable I loved Alaina's note... so sweet. I love snow but I sure could do without the ice that we've been getting... betting you feel the same way! Stay safe and warm!

Henny Penny said...

Your granddaughters are so sweet. Such good girls. They always look happy.

Jean said...

I forgot about making snowflakes like that! Gotta try that with Sammy and Bianca next time.

That note written by Alaina is so cute!!!

Jenny the Pirate said...

What a wonderful time. Especially the part about the donut holes. I thought they were teeth. Haahaaha xoxo

Sally said...

I so enjoy seeing the little ones growing up, and they are both so precious! Ruby's donut holes; that's hilarious!

Glad everyone made it home safely.

xoxo

LL Cool Joe said...

Looks like a fun time had by all, and you got some quality time with Ruby! And well done to her for making the bed.