Pages

Wednesday, January 8, 2020

Cooking Thursday

We had a big ham for our Christmas dinner.  Actually - I made 2 so we wouldn't run out.  Well - I had lots left over.  So, I froze some with the bone to make some pea soup later, but still had some left.  I looked up some ham recipes online and found this one.  If you ever have left over ham, here is a good way to use it!


Cheesy Ham Noodle Dinner

2 1/2 cups uncooked egg noodles
4 celery stalks, chopped
1 medium onion, chopped
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 cups cubed, fully cooked ham
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 package (10 ounces) frozen peas
8 ounces shredded cheddar cheese
3/4 cup milk
2 teaspoons mustard

Cook noodles according to package directions and drain. Meanwhile, in large skillet, saute celery and onion in oil until tender.
Combine soup, milk and mustard; pour over vegetables in pan. Stir in noodles, peas, ham and cheese.
Place in a greased 2 quart casserole. Cover and bake at 350 degrees for 60 minutes

12 comments:

Deb J. in Utah said...

A great way to use leftover holiday ham! Thanks for the recipe! See you again soon!

Joyful said...

Your dish looks tasty. I too made ham but for New Year's Day dinner. I'm looking for some ideas. So far I've made ham and bean soup,ham quiche, ham sandwiches. I think next will be ham with spaghettini and frozen peas like in your dish.

Connie said...

Yum! I also have leftover Christmas ham in our freezer. Thanks for the recipe.

Ramblings of a Retired Lady said...

I love a recipe that uses leftovers and this sounds like a good one.

Changes in the wind said...

Am sure this was awesome as I fix one similar to it.

Linda said...

Thanks for the recipe! smiles

Arlene G said...

Looks good for a Winter supper.

Chris K in Wisconsin said...

I have leftover ham to use up, also. When do you add the ham? I assume at the end?? Thanks for sharing!!

Terri D said...

That recipe sounds delicious! I had lots of ham leftover too and put it in the freezer to use later. I love to make ham and bean soup. Thanks for sharing this recipe, Mari!

Mari said...

Thanks Chris K for asking about the ham. I forgot it in the recipe! I fixed it, but yes, it gets added in the end.

Sally said...

Oh Mama Mia - that looks so good, Mari! :)

xoxo

Annie said...

Looks delicious!