Pages

Sunday, November 17, 2019

Fireplace Makeover

You probably remember that our daughter Heather and her husband Andrew bought a house this past Spring.  It's such a cute house but it needed some love.  There was a lot of painting and cleaning to be done, and then there are some bigger projects to be done.
Last week Laura and I went over to help Heather figure out where to hang some things.

 A big S on one wall...



A little Farmhouse décor in the dining room.


Laura trying to hang a sign in the hallway.  Those things aren't always easy to hang!  We moved things around in their bedroom, hung a few things in the kitchen and planned things for the living room.


But here is the big project!

This is their living room when they moved in.  Lots of charm, but that fireplace!  Someone had the bright idea to put stucco over everything and then press in glass beads.  It was pretty gawdy.
We all helped tear that part down, and then Bob starting building a new fireplace.
Here's how it looks now:

 Shiplap on top, new bricks, new mantle and the fireplace doors were repainted.



Heather, Laura and I figured out some Fall decorations for a mantle.  I think it turned out just beautiful!  We had lots of fun!

21 comments:

Mary said...

Oooh how lovely! I’d been wondering what was going on with their home. I like what was done with the fireplace it’s so homey too and I love that mirror centered on the mantle.

Joyful said...

It's a beautiful mantle and I love the mirror above it.

Connie said...

I love it!

Arlene G said...

A total transformation! Beautiful Work!

Jean said...

I LOVE it!!

Linda said...

Oh how I love this post, smiles. Have a great week, Mari.

Laurel Wood said...

That looks fabulous! What a great makeover. It is a charming house and looks so warm and inviting. Thanks for sharing. Wishing you a nice week, Mari. xo

Beth Cotell said...

Oh my goodness!!! The fireplace transformation is FABULOUS!!!!! Your husband did such a great job and I love the decor you guys used for the mantle! WELL DONE!!!

Changes in the wind said...

What a improvement! Everything looks great and so nice you could have this time together.

Dianna said...

I was just thinking about Heather and Andrew the other day and was wondering how the house was coming along. I love what Bob did to the fireplace! What a difference that made. Their home is so darling. You ladies did a great job!

Heather said...

Thanks for all the love! We love how it all turned out, but certainly couldn't have done it without the help of family. We still have a lot of work to do, but I have no doubt that my mom will keep you all updated.

Miss Dishywoo said...

That is a beautiful transformation. I love to see befores and afters. It's amazing what can be done with a vision (and someone who knows how to do things! LOL)

Jenny the Pirate said...

Gorgeous! I love how you and Laura decorated the mantel. SUCH an improvement! Sometimes I wonder what folks were thinking ... but with a little ingenuity and hard work, most mistakes can be corrected. This looks like a cozy, comfy abode for Heather and Andrew. xoxo

Connie said...

I love the fireplace...

Terri D said...

The house has so much charm and that fireplace is now the focal point of the room! Good work!!

Kim said...

Isn't that gorgeous! I love the makeover...wow!!

Hootin Anni said...

Beautiful results. Great work, all the way around!

Debi said...

What a beautiful transformation on that fireplace!

Bethany Carson said...

Oh wow! That is a very nice job, and a major improvement! It looks so nice now!

Doris said...

The fireplace is beautiful! I love styling....but I tend to move things around a lot till I'm satisfied.

LL Cool Joe said...

The old fireplace was pretty dire, the new one is amazing. It's like Chip and Johanna Gaines did a mini make over! :D