Pages

Wednesday, November 6, 2019

Cooking Thursday

I made an old favorite this weekend - no bake cookies!  They are one of Bob's favorites, and this is our favorite version.  We don't like the kind with coconut in them, and this one has a little peanut butter which gives it a great flavor.   They are very quick and easy to make, and so yummy!


Chocolate Peanut Butter No Bake Cookies

1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup cocoa
2 cups sugar
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup peanut butter
5 cups oatmeal
1 teaspoon vanilla

Mix cocoa and sugar together. Stir in milk, and add butter. Heat in saucepan and bring to full boil. Add peanut butter and vanilla and stir in. Remove from heat, then add oatmeal.
Drop by tablespoon onto wax paper or cookie sheet. Let cool and enjoy!

11 comments:

Mary said...

Oooh yummy, these look great! I’m attending a potluck and was looking for a dessert to make to bring. These would be ideal

Terri D said...

I've been making these since grade school!! Oh my goodness, they are so good!!

Arlene G said...

one of my favorites.

Ramblings of a Retired Lady said...

These are good for sure and easy, and I love easy!

Sandra said...

Those look amazing, I'll have to make them soon. :)

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

oooohh - love these kind of cookies! I think Bob and I have similar tastes. Lol 😉

The Liberty Belle said...

Looks like you've shared another winner! I love no-bake cookies. Thanks for sharing and enjoy the coming weekend.

Laurel Wood said...

I love no bake and I'm not a fan of coconut, so these are perfect! Thanks so much for sharing. We have a new neighbor ( a young lady) and I'll have to make these for her!

Debi said...

I make the kind with coconut... we call them Cow Plops!

Robert said...

Um, I like coconut,YOU don’t.

Jenny the Pirate said...

Ah! I LOVE these! They're more like candy than cookie, but who's complaining? xoxo