Pages

Sunday, July 28, 2019

What's blooming now...

All winter, our yard looks pretty much the same.  When I take pictures, they almost look like black and white photos with the snow on the ground and the leaves off the trees.
One thing I love about summer, beside the fact that it's warm, is the constant change of scenery.  There is always something new blooming!
Here's what is happening in our yard right now.

The building is Bob's wood shop.  The plant on the trellis is a moon plant and it's blooming for the first time since it was planted 3 years ago.  Behind the shop is the play area and the rose of Sharon bushes are just starting to flower.  In a few weeks, they will be a riot of color.



 This lily is blooming behind the shop too.  It's a beautiful color and is about 5 feet tall!



This is looking to the back of our yard.  Bob replanted this spot this spring, so the plants are small, but things are starting to bloom.



 These cone flowers are a little torn up, but still pretty!



Here's a white cone flower almost opened up.


The side yard sitting area has an oak leaf hydrangea that is growing nicely, along with impatiens, ferns and lots of hosta.



This butterfly flower is blooming nearby.



This is a walk on the other side of the house, next to the garage.  Daisies and a knock out rose just finished blooming here, the chive plants are about to open.
I love this walk, even when nothing is blooming!

Isn't God's work amazing?

16 comments:

Laurel Wood said...

I have always admired your yard. That lily is so colorful! I know you look forward to the Rose of Sharon blooming. Both colors of your coneflowers are pretty. Bob's gate is a beautiful addition to your garden path. I hope you have a nice start to the week.

Joyful said...

Your garden looks beautiful. Mine was looking great and then all of sudden not too long ago it took a downturn. I either over watered or under watered. I'm never sure because I'm prone to do both and it has been alternately very hot or moderately warm here with little rain.

Ramblings of a Retired Lady said...

Everything looks so pretty and you have a beautiful yard. Any area is special. And yes, God's work is amazing !

Phoebes World said...

You have a beautiful garden Mari.. Gods handiwork is evident in every plant flower and blade of grass.
Phoebe x

Debi said...

Your flowers are beautiful. I've never seen white coneflowers, only pink and purple. Your yard looks very peaceful and inviting.

Arlene G said...

Your yard is so pretty Mari!! We just had to cut back our hostas as they were getting leggy and "burnt" from the sun. Hoping we will get some new green leaves soon.

Linda said...

Beautiful photos, Mari. Now, let me paint that bench a wild color, grin. smiles.

Dianna said...

Yes, His work is truly amazing...and your gardens are just living proof of it! Who does all of the work at keeping them so pretty and weed-free?

Kerin said...

A tremendous amount of work has gone into your yard, and it shows!
Everything looks beautiful, and I'm sure that your curb appeal is off the charts :)

Smiles :)
~K.

Sandi said...

BEAUTIFUL!

Mari said...

In answer to Dianna - Bob is the gardener. He does all the hard work; I enjoy it and take the pictures!

Kim said...

Your walkway is totally charming...even when nothing is blooming, I totally agree!

Terri D said...

God's work IS amazing and your husband is a master landscaper and woodworker himself! Your yard is always beautiful!

Sally said...

Beautiful yard, Mari. I know it must take a lot of work, but I noticed 'up there' that you said Bob does the work and you take pictures. Good team work, y'all. :)

xoxo

Beth Cotell said...

So beautiful! Everything looks so lovely and green.

Jenny said...

God's work is amazing and so is Bob's. The coneflowers -- in any condition -- tug at my heart. I love that yellow lily! Is the other plant -- you call it butterfly -- what I think of as lantana? Your hosta are gorgeous and of course I adore the side garden, the little meditation space. I envy you that yard. xoxo