Pages

Wednesday, July 24, 2019

Cooking Thursday

Last week I brought a meal to someone from our church who had been in the hospital.  I had planned to make some cookies and some side dishes, and then pick up grilled chicken from a food truck that is usually around all summer.  Usually is the key word - I saw a FB post from them that they would be closed for a little vacation.  So - I had purchased what I needed for the side dishes, but I had no chicken.  I went online to find a chicken recipe and hoped it would be good!  And it was.  Easy to make, didn't take long in the oven, was juicy and flavorful.  It came from Kristine's Kitchen Blog and now I'm sharing it with you.  I'll be making it again!

Easy Baked Chicken Thighs

3 pounds chicken thighs - may be boneless or bone in, just adjust cooking time*
2 tablespoons olive oil
Seasoning rub:
3 teaspoons Italian seasoning
2 teaspoons paprika
2 teaspoons garlic powder
2 teaspoons onion powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper

Preheat oven to 400 degrees.  Line a rimmed cookie sheet with foil.
In a small bowl, whisk together the rub ingredients until well combined.
Pat the chicken thighs dry and place them on the baking sheet.
Rub both sides of the chicken with olive oil. Rub the spice mixture over the chicken, rubbing it on both sides of the chicken. Try to rub some of the rub underneath the skin as well as on top of the skin for the most flavorful chicken.
Bake in the preheated oven, without moving or turning, until the internal temperature of the thickest part of the chicken (not touching the bone) reaches at least 165 degrees F. This will take about 30-45 minutes, depending on the size of your chicken thighs.
Let the chicken rest for 5 minutes on the pan before serving.

*If you use boneless, skinless thighs, the cooking time is closer to 30 minutes.

13 comments:

Connie said...

These look so good. I love spicy food.

Mary said...

These look delicious! And what a good friend you are, Mari to think of that lady just out of the hospital. I’m sure she appreciates you.

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

Wow! These sound really good! Thanks for sharing. Looks like a keeper. love those flavors
😋 ❤️

Hootin Anni said...

Yummmmmm. You are such a sweet lady! With your job & family; a busy life...you still find time to help those in need!

Ramblings of a Retired Lady said...

They sure look tasty! I know the lady was happy and your kindness means a lot.

Laurel Wood said...

Sounds like a quick/easy recipe and I know the recipient was so grateful for your kindness.

Dianna said...

Oh, wow! This sounds and looks delicious! Thank you, Mari, for sharing the recipe. Chicken thighs are already on my grocery list and I have everything else. Yummy in the tummy is what we will be saying!

Linda said...

Yum, that looks so good. I am sure the lady was appreciative. smiles

Terri D said...

This recipe sounds great and I usually have all the ingredients listed so that's a plus too. I know your friend appreciated your kindness. Thanks for sharing!

Kerin said...

Yum!
That looks so yummy and sounds simple too.
That is my kind of dinner :)
Thanks so much for the recipe!

Smiles :)
~K.

Phoebes World said...

Yum!!
Another recipe to add to my box
Thanks for sharing
Phoebe x

Debi said...

Your chicken looks and sounds delicious!

Jenny said...

Ooooooh I'm going to copy this one. I know that Erica especially will love it. I had never used a rub and a few weeks ago I made one up of about twelve different spices (no sugar that way) -- it was so good. I'm glad I wrote the ingredients and amounts down but this recipe is simpler. Thanks, Mari! xoxo