Pages

Monday, April 29, 2019

Visiting the Farm Museum

Saturday was moving day for Heather and Andrew.  I was going to try to be there to help, but Laura and Aaron also wanted to help.  As Laura is stronger and more able to carry around boxes, I said I would watch the girls and she could help.  I think I got the better end of that deal!
So the girls came overnight.  We had to go to my Dad's to get his meds set up, and then we made another fun stop!  Their is a Farm Museum about 15 minutes from our house.  They were having a petting zoo on Saturday, so I took the girls.


 The farm museum.



 We entered through the silo.  The view looking up was pretty cool!



 There were lots of little animals to see; chickens, goats, lambs and bunnies.  The girls loved the bunnies best!



They liked watching this little one eat a carrot.


 There were even little rats there.  Ruby wasn't too sure about them, and I must admit I feel the same way!


This activity board showed how corn comes from the field to a cereal box.


 There were other fun things to do, like making a chicken in a nest.



Here's Ruby with hers.


 The thing they liked best was making their own soap.



They made it and them got to come back in 20 minutes to pick it up.


They were both proud of their soaps!


 Outside was a sheep being sheared.



 Look at all that wool!  He looked pretty skinny when he was done.



There was even a young cow.  Alaina liked him, Ruby didn't want to go to close.

There was also face painting, but it had a very long wait.  After standing in line for a while and not moving, I persuaded the girls to let me do it for them at home.


Butterflies on the cheeks = happy girls!

The move went well.  Bob and I went after he got out of work to help put some things together and do a little unpacking.  Such a good day!

10 comments:

Laurel Wood said...

Congrats to Heather and Andrew. The Farm Museum looks like so much fun. Those bunnies are adorable. How fun for the girls to make their own soap. I love the butterflies you painted on their faces. Such a blessed time together.

At Rivercrest Cottage said...

Yes, you got the much better end of that deal! Your face painting looks just like a professional.

grams ramblings said...

Love your blog
Just found it
Makes me think I need to be more revealing in mine.
Love your focus on family
gramswisewords.blogspot.com

Arlene G said...

I am with you about the rats.lol What a fun day you all had!!

Terri D said...

Yep... you had the best deal for sure! What fun! You could have set up a stool and done some of the face painting! The butterflies look great! Glad the move went well! Always exciting.

Michelle said...

Moving is quite a chore. I think you got the better end of the deal watching the girls. The farm museum looks like fun.

LL Cool Joe said...

Ruby's face with the rat says it all! That's so funny. I think you had the best deal!

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

What a brilliant museum - looks like lots of fun! You did get the better end of that deal. Lol xoxo

Debi said...

That looks like a very fun day and I agree, you got the better end of that deal!

Jenny said...

You always show those girlies the best time. They are making such wonderful memories. That SHEEP!!! Love it. xoxo