Pages

Wednesday, September 5, 2018

A little remodeling going on!

Bob's been hard at work at our place!  I've shared his handiwork before, so many of you know how talented he is, and how thankful I am for all the hard work he does around here!
So, this started with something fairly small, as so many home projects do!  We had decided it was time to paint the dining room and kitchen.  It had been awhile and I (more than Bob) was ready for a change.

Here's a little idea of what it looked like before.  I took this photo last Fall.  The walls were all this rust color, and we wanted to update to a light gray.

Well, after looking at pictures, we decided to put up board and batton on the one wall, and Bob thought this would be a good time to change the molding around the windows and doors.  It had been very simple and he wanted a little more architecture there.

 Here's our dining room window with the new trim.


On the other side of the kitchen is a half bath and closet with new trim too.


And here's the board and batton wall all finished.


One thing leads to another!  Once that wall was done and the other walls were painted, the tiles on the backsplash didn't look right.  So, he put up this subway tile.



And then put up a new light over the sink!

But then came the biggest project.  He had always wanted to build a dining room table, and now was the time!
The table and chairs just got finished and since we had all our boys here Saturday night, they helped bring in the new and take out the old.


Here it is - and a new rug too!  He even made leaves that can add more seating if needed.





I'm so happy with how it turned out!  And so thankful for all Bob's hard work and God-given talent!

On another note, I'm taking a blogging break.  We are going to be doing some fun things and I'll tell you all about that in about 1 1/2 weeks.
See you later!

27 comments:

Mary said...

Oh my, Mari your Bob is gifted. I love that trim.. and the table is beautifully done. I also love the bard and batton panel. It’s like something out of House Beautiful magazine.

Terri D said...

Oh Mari... how absolutely beautiful and what a blessing Bob's talent is!! The wall looks fabulous and the table and chairs are perfection. Have fun on your vacation and I'm looking forward to hearing about your adventures!

Joyful said...

I love how it all turned out. What a blessing that Bob is to your household and what a talented carpenter he is. Enjoy your adventures.

Hootin Anni said...

Gorgeous work!!

Enjoy your time off! (Is this your family trip?)

Jean said...

Amazing transformation!! I LOVE the new look!! Bob really is an artist!

Kerin said...

Wow! Congratulations on a job well done!
Lots and lots of hard work, but the payoff is amazing!
Way to go Bob!!

Have a nice break, and enjoy the rest of this week.

Smiles :)
~K.

Ramblings of a Retired Lady said...

Beautiful! Such good taste and talent. Enjoy your time away and we will look forward to your return with pictures!

Changes in the wind said...

Wow!!! That is a amazing change and I love it.

Linda said...

Beautiful!!!! I love the changes. Smiles

Sally said...

Oh my goodness, everything looks so beautiful! It's amazing what some people, like your hubby, can do. I have a cousin who makes beautiful woodwork projects. Okay, I'm seriously jealous of your new dining room. :)

Have a good time!

xoxo

Beth (A Moms Life) said...

WOW!!!!!!! This looks fabulous!!! It's like a whole new house!!!

Katelyn R. said...

It is all so beautiful!!! I love it!!!

Victoria Stankus said...

Very nice! What a blessing to have such a talented husband! :)

Vicki said...

I love the look of your "new" kitchen! Bob did a great job, and that table is beautiful!

Doris said...

It's beautiful!!
Have a great time doing your fun stuff. Looking forward to hearing about it!

Jenny said...

I'm just about speechless. The board and batten is BRILLIANT. Now I want that in my kitchen. See what you've done? Your table is FABULOUS. I am so jealous. Subway tile was a great idea too. I love it all. xoxo

sharon said...

Everything is beautiful! Bob truly has a God given talent. Enjoy your time off!

Dianna said...

Oh my goodness! Everything is absolutely beautiful, Mari! Just gorgeous! That bard and batton wall is just beautiful...and adding new trim to everything...and the table and chairs...be still my heart! Love the rug, too! Such talent!

Connie said...

Everything turned out beautiful...Bob is so talented. wow!

Henny Penny said...

What a change!! I can't imagine anyone being able to build a table like that. It is simply beautiful. All of it is beautiful! You're right about one change leading to another. We are going through that right now. Not painting and remodeling, but updating furniture and rugs, etc. New makes the old look even older!

Connie said...

Your Bob is amazing, but I am sure that you were there inspiring each design. It's like my Steve and I, we say that each one of us is pretty ordinary, but put us together and we are one very talented and smart person, LOL. I love what the two of you have done. It looks so fresh and bright, very welcoming.
Perfection!
Connie :)

Cherdecor said...

Gorgeous! I absolutely love it! I also love all the things you put on your shelf to embellish the board and batten. What color of white did you use? Everything goes so well together, Mari. Tell Bob that he did an amazing job!

Cherdecor said...

This decorator wants to know what color of gray you used. Grays can be so tricky. Oh, and I wanted to add that I bet these colors brought in a lot more light into your dining space. I am all about more light these days.

Kim said...

Just beautiful!! Enjoy it!

Betsy Brock said...

Ooooh...I love all the changes! Isn't it amazing what a few things can do for a home? So nice and fresh! Enjoy your break! :)

LL Cool Joe said...

I love how it looks now, Bob is incredibly talented. So much fresher looking.

So I'm assuming like me you are back from your break?

Laura said...

It seriously turned out so beautiful!