Pages

Monday, September 3, 2018

A Day in my Life

We're into September!  School is started, Fall is almost here.
September 1 was a Saturday and was a busy day for me, but I started the month by sleeping in!  It's been my week to be on call and there have been a few too many calls during the night, followed by early mornings.  I got no calls on Friday night and got to sleep till 8:30 am!  Bob had to work, so it was just me at home.
After I got up I had a walk on the treadmill, then after getting ready, had a small breakfast.

I had this 'oui' yogurt.  Have you tried it?  It's French yogurt and I wasn't sure if I would like it because I don't care for greek yogurt.  I love this though, and the little glass jars are so cute.



I needed to go to the store, but it was pouring outside, so I started some housework.  There was laundry to be done and some cleaning as well.
It stopped raining so I made my grocery store run, but guess what?


On the way there, it started raining again!  I got pretty wet getting into the store.


I spent some time getting groceries and went back home.


I made my favorite tomato dish for lunch.

Then I worked on making the cookies, and finished cleaning the house while they baked.


We have 2 new neighbors, so I made a bunch of cookies, packaged them up and delivered them.  It was nice to meet them and talk to them.


By this time, it was sunny, and was actually very hot and humid.

A little before 6, Bob got home from work, and shortly after that our kids all came for pizza.

Yes, all of them!  Andy and Nikki were here from Kentucky for the weekend.  It was so nice to have the whole family together again.
We had a very enjoyable evening together!
What a nice way to start a month!

12 comments:

Terri D said...

Other than the rain, I would say your day was just about perfect!! How fun to have the whole family together! Always special. Wishing you a blessed week ahead!!

Sally said...

Nice that you had all the family together! But, where's Alaina? I guess she's there but I can't see her. I see that funny little Ruby looking cute as ever.

xoxo

Sally said...

Oh wait, is that Alaina I see or Ruby. I'm all confused tonight. :)

Joyful said...

Looks like you had a great day Mari despite the rain. You always amaze me with your organization and ability to get things done. Have a great rest of the week!

Ramblings of a Retired Lady said...

I know it was good to get a night's sleep and sleeping late is a plus. You had a good day with family and Miss Ruby the center of attention!

Arlene G said...

Sounds about perfect to me!!! Glad you got some rest after being on call!

Changes in the wind said...

Sleeping is sound perfect since you put in so many long hours and am sure the neighbors loved the cookies. Glad it was a great week-end.

Sandra said...

I love the Oui yogurts, they're delicious :) Glad you got to sleep in.

Hootin Anni said...

Company like this is so perfect! And pizza to boot. I buy greek vanilla & make peach or blueberry or blackberry smoothies! Great stuff.

Oh those cookies. Whoa. And bring on the rain (as long as it's not gonna flood!)

Michelle said...

Those cookies! An all time favorite of mine. Nice to see you had time with your entire family :)

Dianna said...

I've not seen that brand of yogurt, but I will look next time to see if we can get it here. I love the glass jars!

And how very wonderful that you were able to have your whole family there with you! That is just so nice. I know you and Bob enjoyed that so much...and I love Miss Ruby in this picture.

Jenny said...

Isn't that special, all three of the kids home at once! I used to see that so seldom, but now it's quite often and I love it. Please tell me where you got that adorable yogurt in the glass jar. xoxo