Pages

Wednesday, March 21, 2018

Cooking Thursday

I made an apple pie last week, using my favorite recipe.  I like apple pies best in the Fall when we can get fresh, local apples, but Bob likes pie anytime!  This is a Dutch Apple pie with a yummy, crumbly topping.  This recipe is a combination of two recipes - I liked the filling from one, and the topping from another, so I put them together.  :)


Dutch Apple Pie

Combine:
1/3 cup sugar
1/3 cup brown sugar
3 tablespoons flour
1 teaspoon cinnamon
Press out any lumps. Ad 6 large tart apples, peeled and sliced. Toss well.
Place unbaked pie crust in 9 inch pie plate. Fill pastry shell with apple mix.
Topping:
1/2 cup sugar
3/4 cup flour
1/3 cup butter
1 teaspoon cinnamon
Stir together sugar and flour, then cut in better until mixture is crumbly. Spread over filling.
Bake at 400 degrees for 30 - 40 minutes or until browned.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

This looks good! Thank you for the recipe.
Wishing you a nice day.

Dianna said...

Carroll is like Bob...he likes pie anytime. He really isn't a cake person at all. I canned apple pie filling a couple of years ago...one recipe we really liked and the other is okay, but not the favorite. Your recipe here sounds so easy! I want to give this one a try. Thank you so much for sharing this recipe, Mari.

Arlene G said...

I'll have a piece PLEASE.

Sally said...

Looks SO good! :)

xoxo

Zaankali said...

This was the best apple pie I've ever had. Seriously. And the heaping amount of apples in it was great. Thank you so much for your generosity. You and Bob are a blessing to us.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Why don't they invent computers where you can taste a sample of the food in the photo? This pie just looks delicious. But I can't get a piece from my monitor.

God bless.

Ramblings of a Retired Lady said...

I copied your topping recipe, and odd enough, I am making an apple pie today! Timing was great.

Patsy said...

Just what I need comfort food!

Betsy Brock said...

Yum. Anything with a crumbly topping is okay by me. :)

Judy said...

That looks soooo good!

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

Yummy! Dutch apple pie is my FIL's favorite!! ;) xo

Cherdecor said...

I would like a piece of that right now!

Jenny said...

Oh dear. I can tell I'm going to have to make one of these. Sounds scrumptious. TG will love it. xoxo