Pages

Monday, February 5, 2018

Weekend with our girlies!

We haven't been able to have Alaina and Ruby over for several weeks because of training I was having to do at work on Saturdays, but this past weekend it finally worked out.

 They started the evening by playing Dr.  They had the flu at their house earlier in the week and it seems to have left an impression.
This is Ruby's baby, who they said was sick and seeing the Dr.  The wastebasket was left near her in case she had a problem!

 This is the note Alaina wrote for "the Dr."  It says "barf" and shows someone vomiting!  Thankfully Ruby said the baby was better after the visit to the Dr.   :)



Bob got a new chair for his workshop and was putting it together.   The girls were happy to find it spinned!


Bob showed them some strong magnets he picked up. They had fun playing with them.


Alaina had fun making this tile mosaic.  When I tried to take a picture she did what she usually does - makes a goofy face and crosses her eyes.


Ruby told her - "this is how you do it Laina", and made this face.


 I picked up some slime for them to play with.  They had great fun, but then we discovered the slime was very sticky and didn't want to come off their hands or the table!



As you can see, it was terrible to clean up!  We had a hard time getting it off hands and the table.  Once it was cleaned off, we threw it away!



The next day, Alaina spent some time drawing.

Ruby looked cute in this shirt we gave her for Christmas.  It says "fierce:.  Quite fitting!


 We had fun making shrinky dinks and watching them shrink in the oven.



They each made a necklace out of them.


 When I took them home, we stopped at my Dad and stepmoms house so I could get pills ready for the next few weeks,  After I was done, I went into the family room and found my 88 year old step mom on the floor, coloring with Alaina.  She's quite something!



In the meantime, Ruby was teasing my Dad, sneaking his chair and laughing when he tried to sit on her.

Then it was time to go home.  We had such fun!

20 comments:

Arlene G said...

What a precious picture of the The Girls coloring....memory making day for sure.

Dianna said...

I just realized that I'd missed your 1 Feb post...I so admire and appreciate the work you do at your job, my friend. What a dedicated worker you are! And that gorgeous picture of the red moon! It's the best I've seen so far.

I loved seeing all of the fun things that you and Bob were able to do with the girls over the weekend. It is little wonder those girls love coming to your house! I really liked the mosaic tile heart that Alaina made! Very pretty. And Shrinky Dinks! I didn't realize they still made those! And what special treats those girls had with their great-grandparents! I pray that if I live to be 88 that I'd still be able to and have the desire to get down on the floor and color with any great-grandkids I might have around. Amazing!

Ramblings of a Retired Lady said...

So glad you got to spend time with them; I know you miss them when you cant. They make life fun, and I love when you share them and things they do.

Joyful said...

It sounds like so much fun was had by everyone. Those two little girls are precious and fun.

Sally said...

Those precious grand girls of y'all are nothing short of AWESOME! So stinkin' cute and sweet. They will always remember having such fun with you and Bob! :)

xoxo

Hootin Anni said...

I swear, if I didn't know better you could easily convince me the two could be twins!

Such fun had by all...even with the slime. I think my favorite is the two on the floor, coloring!

LL Cool Joe said...

Haha your girlies look like they are loads of fun, and Ruby's Fierce top seems very appropriate for her given all that you've said about her here on your blog! :D

I love the photo of them both watching the oven, better than the TV any day!

Sandi said...

I like how she made a sign so the baby would know what to do! :-D

Jennifer Hays said...

So much fun! I love seeing your weekends with the girls. The sign for the doctor is so funny. Very clinical. :) I was thinking of you yesterday when I was chopping some celery, my friend who used to work on the celery farm. :)

Changes in the wind said...

Good for you to take time to enjoy them, you will never regret it and they will cherish it.

jujupage1 said...

This reminds me of the times when I was younger, making origami animals with my grand mother. They will cherish every moment from you.

Beth Cotell said...

Oh my goodness! They are getting so big!! There are tons of recipes on the internet to make your own slime. And the ones the we've made aren't sticky like that at all. Andif you decide to do this, buy a gallon of glue from Amazon. It's much cheaper - especially if they decide they love making their own slime!

Laura said...

The flu was apparently quite memorable for them. :) It was memorable for me too... :) They had so much fun! And were quite proud of their necklaces!

Karen said...

They are growing up so fast, doing all these 'big girl' things. No babies there!

Michelle said...

These two are precious! I know you enjoy every minute with them!

Linda said...

What a precious post, Mari...thank you for the smiles. Winter storm Liam will be bearing down on us soon, my son is taking credit, lolol. (His name is Liam)

Terri D said...

Those are the times that make wonderful memories!! Those girls are so blessed to have you two as grandparents.

Jenny said...

I've said it before but I love the way all of you give of yourselves to those little girls. So many people just park kids in front of the TV, and ignore them altogether. I actually got tears in my eyes when I saw the girls in front of the oven, watching their shrinky dinks cook. My mother used to do that with my kids! They'd sit and watch the oven door and then wear their creations. And your stepmom coloring with Alaina! That is precious. I always get down in the floor with Dagny to play with Legos. The first thing she says is: Don't hurt yourself!!! xoxo

Deb J. in Utah said...

Your grand daughters are so cute. What a great time. So glad you live close!

A Crafty Mix said...

Aren't your grandbabies just the cutest. Love the twinkle in their eyes and it looks like they had so much fun visiting. So many beautiful memories made in a day