Pages

Sunday, February 18, 2018

Uuuuggh!

I have had such a week- and not a good one!  I told you last week that we had Norovirus in our facility.  It is the worst outbreak I have dealt with in the 28 years I've worked there.  Almost all or our residents got it and most of the staff.  It hits fast, and people can be feeling fine, then sick in 15 minutes time.  Of course, you are passing the germ at that point, before you even know you are sick
I was at work from Thursday until the next Friday and was working about 12 hour days - sometimes a little longer, sometimes a little shorter.  Because so much staff was sick, everyone was doing a little of everything.  I worked as a floor nurse several days, helped in laundry, helped with housekeeping...  Everything has been getting bleached because that's the only thing that kills this bug.  We have to wash every item of our peoples clothing in hot water, and we have someone coming in to clean the carpet with steam that reaches a very high temperature.  In the meantime, we need to gown and glove to go into most every room.  On top of that, our business office manager was in a pretty bad accident, just got out of the hospital and can't come to work for another week, and one of the nurses lost her Dad rather unexpectedly.
I'm blessed to work with a lot of people that pitched in and helped.  We even had an administrator that came from another building to help clean!
On Monday, I got home around 8 in the evening, hadn't had supper yet and was really quite tired.  Bob was of course home already and had gotten the mail.  Sitting on the counter was a package for me.

This was stamped on it.

Inside was a sweet note and 3 crocheted dish cloths.  It came from my friend Diana, of Forgiven.  She said when she was making these she prayed about who might be blessed to receive them.  It was such a nice surprise, especially when I thought about her praying and God giving her my name, with her not knowing what would be going on in my life at that time.  It's a wonderful promise from God that we are inscribed on the palm of his hand, and he cares about our every day life.
Thanks Diana for listening to that prompt and for being so thoughtful!

The next day I had another surprise when looking at my friends blogs.  My friend Linda of Me, Myself and Mine, posted a song for me.  It was the song 'Give me Jesus'.  I had commented before to her that I really liked that song, so she posted someone singing it at her church.  She also didn't know what my week was like, and didn't know what a blessing that song was to me at that time!  Thanks to you too, Linda!

I'm sure it will be a busy week getting everyone out of isolation, but hopefully by the end of the week, we'll be a little more normal again!

14 comments:

Joyful said...

Sorry you had such a tough week but so glad to hear that you work with people who are willing to pitch in wherever needs. It's always lovely too when God sends people to answer our prayers and needs. Hugs. xx

Paula Alexandra Santos said...

That was a rough week... :S
But in Jesus Name, this week will be better and you and all of your coworkers, will be able to rest.
Have a great (and virus free) week!
:)

Dianna said...

Praying that this week is much better. Prayer is always a privilege, but praying for someone God has put on our hearts is even more so. It is the greatest gift we can give anyone.

I'm so glad that people in your facility pitch in wherever they are needed, regardless of their title.

Linda said...

Ugh, what a awful week...so sorry that it was. Keeping you in prayer, Mari.

Arlene G said...

Hoping the virus is on the run....what a nightmare. So glad that sweet Dianna sent you an encouraging happy!! Those unexpected gifts are the best kind.

Doris said...

Those sweet gifts, what a total blessing to you!
Really hope this is a better week for you. Last week Ellen didn't work her two short shifts because the Assisted Living facility she works at had been quarantined. She wasn't considered essential...they KINDLY told her to stay home. We were so thankful!

Sally said...

Oh mercy, Mari. I'm so sorry, but thankful you were spared that terrible illness. I know you must be (what we say) give out. I'm glad you had friends surprise you with gifts, and especially prayers.

xoxo

Karen said...

What a fantastic staff you have there. And bloggers are just the best friends and nicest people. I hope things are looking better this week.

Saleslady371 said...

I loved reading how the Lord uplifted you in the midst of all your hard work and tense schedule. Hope it all calms down in that facility and good health returns. Stay well!

Terri D said...

Bless you, Mari, and all caregivers for the hard work you do. Hard physically AND mentally. Bless you. How great to receive not one but two confirmations that God is there for you!! Hugs!!

Betsy Brock said...

What a tiring week but how nice to have little rays of sunshine from sweet friends! And I'm so glad you didn't catch that nasty bug! Hope it stays that way!

Ramblings of a Retired Lady said...

My heart goes out to you during this time, and pray that most folks are getting better and workers can come back to help. I also pray you dont get the bug. You are working so hard and so much, you dont have time to be sick...:-) I am glad you were blessed by the song....it does the same for me and I wanted to share.

Jenny said...

This post brought a tear to my eye. I love the way God places obedient servants in our path, to comfort and encourage us at just the right time. It's the sort of friend you have been to me, so naturally I'm happy to hear of others ministering to you at stressful times. I was almost afraid to read your post though, for fear you'd caught that virus. I pray it does not happen and that you get some relaxing down-time soon! xoxo

LL Cool Joe said...

The way God sends his love to us through other people never fails to amaze me.