Monday, July 4, 2016

A Day in my Life

Can you believe it's July already?  The months seem to fly by!
As usual, I'm sharing my first day of the month with you.  Friday was my day off and the girls had stayed overnight  on Thursday night.  Here's how my day went!

 Alaina woke me up a little after 7 and told me the sun was up and it was time to get up.  I told her it was pretty early and she should snuggle with me, but she said Ruby was awake and it was time to get up!  I think Ruby had help in waking up because this is how she looked when I went in their room.

We had breakfast, got cleaned up and dressed and went outside for a little walk.
We found these treasures outside - a little bead and a pretty leaf.

We went to the store for some groceries and admired the pretty sky God made for us!

Our grocery store has free popcorn!  Alaina remembers this and asks as soon as we walk through the doors.

After we got groceries, we went home for just enough time to put things away before heading off to another adventure.

We picked up lunch at McDonalds and had lunch with Grandpa at his work.  There was even time to sit by him and play a little!

After lunch we headed to a Strawberry farm where I had worked while still in school.  I wanted to pick up a few quarts before the season ended.
Along the way we stopped on the side of the road to look at these pretty horses.

I got a few quarts but that will be it, because this weekend was the end of the season.

The girls were thrilled to see this bunny there, that they could go out and pet.  Alaina said it was softer than the bear she sleeps with.  :)

When we got home, it was time for Ruby to take a nap. 
She laid down nicely, but about 15 minutes later I heard her calling out and went to see what the trouble was.  I found her holding this finial from the crib in her hand, acting like she didn't know how it got there!  I had to laugh; that crib went through 3 kids and one grand kid and none of the others had ever thought to unscrew it!  I put it back on and she went to sleep.

While she was sleeping, Alaina and I worked on a project she was very excited about.
We got a new dishwasher last week, and saved the box.  Alaina and I covered it with posterboard and cut out windows and a door.  Then we decorated it with stickers and drew pictures with markers.  She was very careful and had so much fun!

When Ruby got up, they crawled inside with a few toys.

Shortly after 5pm, Grandpa came home and was met at the door by 2 happy kids.  (I was happy to see him too)  :)

There was time for a little playing.

Then we had to go downstairs and find Oliver (Heather's cat who had stayed with us this week).  Oliver isn't used to kids anymore and goes into hiding when they're around.  Grandpa had to find him, so they could pet him at least once.

We went out for supper, and kept busy coloring until the food came.

 After supper we stopped at Meijer to get some new clothes for Bob.

Ruby thought she would try on his hat, while he looked around.

 Then it was time to go home!  Laura and Aaron were happy to have their kiddos back home!

We went home too.  I did some dishes and picked up the house...
then I lit a candle and relaxed till bedtime.  It was a wonderful day!


Betsy Brock said...

That was a really fun day! I bet you slept well that night! haha.
I think those big appliance boxes were my favorite toys when I was a child...the possibilities were much fun!

Terri said...

that looks like the best day ever!

Karen said...

What a wonderful day, full of activities that little girls love. My favorite picture is of Ruby in the hat;)

LL Cool Joe said...

Blimey you pack a lot in one day! Your Granddaughters are so lucky to have you and Bob. Ruby just cracks me up! That photo of her taking the cot apart made me laugh. She looks like she's a real handful, in a lovely way of course!

Amy at love made my home said...

Glad you had a good first day of the month! I hope that the rest of the month is just as good!


...and a very BUSY day!!
They're just dolls Mari. I could hug 'em and kiss 'em and that would just make my heart burst.

Love the decorated house, that Ruby was so clever to figure out how to unscrew part of the crib. Kids now-a-days are too smart for their britches!!!!

Love Ruby in Grandpa's hat. And YUM on the McDonald's lunch!!!!!
Poor Oliver. lol

Simply Linda said...

Poor Oliver!!! (the look on that cats face says it all, lol)---the girls have really grown, Mari. Thank you for sharing and for the smiles. Have a Joyful day, friend.

Linda Eller said...

I know you probably get tired of me saying it over and over, but those two little girls are just absolutely precious and I love seeing pictures of them. They love you two so much and have so much fun when with you. You had a great day with them, but of course they are happy to be with Mom and Dad again. Thanks for sharing.

Arlene Grimm said...

You are such a good grandmother Mari. And I love that Ruby figured out how to unscrew that finial.That girl is going to keep everyone on their toes.

Terri D said...

Those two girls are so adorable. I'm sure you two were worn out, but that it was a good worn out. Not sure I could keep up with little ones anymore. What a fun day you all had!! Thanks for sharing!

Sally said...

Such a wonderful fun filled night and first day of the month! Mari, those two little ones are so adorable; I'm feeling blessed to be able to watch them grow. Yeah, I'm sure Alaina helped Ruby wake up Friday morning! And, you know I love Ruby's hair. LOL
You always find fun things for them to do, also. :)

Beautiful photo's!


Judy said...

Awe, what an awesome day! I love all the photos.

Changes in the wind said...

Grandkids make everything special:)

Heather said...

What a busy day! I think Oliver needs to spend more time around them. He didn't look happy at all in that picture!

Cherdecor said...

So Ruby is mechanical! I bet she is a smart one like Alaina. You better hang on to that big box. They will be looking for it the next time they come. I am surprised that Oliver didn't remember Alaina. She used to carry him around......maybe that was the problem! LOL!

Jenny said...

TRULY a wonderful day when spent with your luvvies! A grocery store with popcorn? I want to go there! Also I love your red door! And I love that you got a new dishwasher! xoxo

Carrie B. said...

You are such a sweet Grandma & Grandpa! You can see the joy on their faces when they're having fun with you. They're so adorable!! Looks like it was a very fun day. ;) xoxo

White Lace and Promises said...

What a precious post! The kiddos are darling. Especially loved the mustache of lunch on Alainna's face. Those piggie tails are so cute! My little won't be still for me. If I get them in, she pulls them out in seconds. Sounds like a great day!

Jean Stauffer said...

I enjoyed every minute of your day and could relate to all of it, hahahaha!! So fun to have them with us, but so good to have peace and quiet again!

Sylvia said...

Perfect day, but very busy......

Laura said...

So many great pics! The girls are just so blessed to have such fun grandpa's and grandma's! And wow - Grandma really does it up right for playing in boxes! They're never going to settle for the plain brown boxes I give them anymore!!

Love the pic of Dad coming home to his girlies - breaks my heart!