Pages

Monday, June 27, 2016

Tip for Tuesday

The tip I'm sharing today is something I thought everyone did, but a friend had never heard of this.  So - I'm sharing just in case!
If you need chopped, hard boiled eggs for egg salad, or anything else here's an easy way to chop the egg into uniform pieces.

Put the egg in the slicer, and slice as usual.


Then, hold the slices together and turn the egg a quarter turn so it sits in the egg slicer the long way.  Hold the tip of the egg in, and gently slice again.
That's it - now you can dump the chopped egg into your bowl.  How easy is that?

13 comments:

Doris said...

Hey, I do that too!

Ramblings of a Retired Lady said...

Now I want one of those slicers! Love egg salad. Have a blessed night.

Hootin Anni said...

I rarely eat whole eggs these days, but this is truly an excellent tip today Mari.

Arlene G said...

Mari, I am one of those people who has never made egg salad because the smell of the egg just makes me sick. I like the white part of the boiled egg but the yellow yolk is yucky!! I am 61 years old and still a picky eater.lol

Linda said...

Whoa, how cool is that? I usually chop them by hand, sigh. Have a joyful rest of the week, Mari.

Terri D said...

I have always done that. So easy. I also use the egg slicer for strawberries when I want thinner cuts than just halves or quarters.

Sally said...

I don't have an egg slicer so I just smash them up with a thing; you know a "thing". LOL Can't think right now.

That's a great idea, and I noticed didn't I that it's Tupperware? :)

xoxo

Patsy said...

It Works great!

Sylvia said...

Hey, that is clever. Just need to remember the tip.

Cherdecor said...

Good tip! I need one of those.

Jenny said...

I wouldn't do it any other way. xoxo

Judy said...

I love that egg slicer, but never thought to do that...Thanks for sharing.

Laura said...

There are people without egg slicers!?! I can't imagine doing it without one - LOL!