Pages

Sunday, June 12, 2016

Little things I've been enjoying...

I was getting ready to go to bed the other night, and was putting a few things away.  I walked into the kitchen where I had a candle burning, and I thought it looked so cozy, and smelled so nice!  It made me think that although we may often have wish lists for things that are more expensive or not even feasible, there are many little things that bring us joy.  Here are a few things that have been making me smile.

 Seeing the fields around me turn green.  Maybe it's because I grew up on a farm, 
but I never get tired of that!


 A new sign I bought.  I love that it mentions Grand Rapids.



My fuchsia is bursting with blooms!



 The candle I mentioned.  It's by Yankee Candle and the scent is 'Deep Blue Sea'.



A friend dropped this surprise gift off to me at work last week.  These are flavored oils that can be used for dipping.  I've now tried the roasted garlic and love just a little of it drizzled over grape tomatoes.


 Our grocery store had these beautiful raspberries on sale for $1!  What a lovely treat!



We have this picture that Alaina drew of her family on the side of our refrigerator.  You have to smile at that!

So much to smile about - so much to be thankful for!
“Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good! His faithful love endures forever.”
1 Chronicles 16:34

17 comments:

Deb J. in Utah said...

I love your gratitude for these wonderful simple pleasures! Have a great week!

Arlene G said...

Simple pleasures are the best!!

Jean said...

Thank you for sharing all these simple pleasures. I love each one of them!

Jennifer Hays said...

I love the way you appreciate simple, happy things, Mari. I strive every day to do the same. I too am very happy when I have these same kinds of things in my life. :)

Terri D said...

There are so many blessings around us. Thanks for the reminder that we just have to look a little closer to see how we are blessed! Alaina's family portrait is precious!

Linda said...

You always make me smile....love Alaina's portrait....have a beautiful day friend.

Hootin Anni said...

The simple pleasures in life are the best pleasures!! I too love to drive by and marvel at the farms/crops. Here we have cotton and sorghum and I never tire of watching them grow...and then, even harvesting time...I enjoy that too.

LOVE the family portrait. And I call dibs on the leftover raspberries!!

Sally said...

It's the little things, always. Thank you for reminding us, Mari. Love the pics and especially Alaina's drawing. :)

xoxo

Ramblings of a Retired Lady said...

With all that is going on in our world, it is nice to see and read about happy things. Thanks for this post Mari.

Michelle said...

Always best to find joy in small things!

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

In our current country's state of sadness and need of change - these little blessings brought me the biggest smiles. I keep praying, but choose to focus on the good and wonderful blessings of our world!!

Have a great week ahead Mari! xoxo

Amy at love made my home said...

Lovely things to enjoy!

Anonymous said...

We do have so many things to be grateful for. I found a candle at the thrift store (new in box) for $1, and like you, I walk into the room and see the glow and smell the sweet fragrance, and it makes me happy. Love Alaina's artwork...so sweet. Those raspberries look perfect and what a great deal. The flavored oil with little tomatoes would be a good treat on a hot summer day. Have a good week, Mari.

Connie said...

Little things make life happy..

Cherdecor said...

I loved all your simple pleasures. It is the little things that we sometimes miss and fail to give thanks for. Thank you for sharing some of yours.

LL Cool Joe said...

I hope the deep blue sea candle doesn't smell of seaweed and dead fish. :D

Jenny said...

This is timely. I recently was forced to learn a lesson that seemed so hard at the time, but which forced me to re-count my many blessings. I'm glad I was denied what I thought I wanted, and instead was obliged to acknowledge that what I already have is far more than I deserve. xoxo