Pages

Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Cooking Thursday

I tried a new lasagne recipe last week. It's one that's made in the crockpot, so it doesn't cut into the nice squares like a regular recipe, but it was very easy to make and tasted wonderful!
For more recipes, visit Sandra at Diary of a SAHM.

 
 Crockpot Lasagne

2 lbs cooked ground hamburger meat
1/2  onion chopped
2 jars marinara sauce (I used Classico - tomato basil)
 1/2 box lasagna noodles (uncooked)
1 (2 lb) tub ricotta cheese
3 cups mozzarella cheese
1 egg (beaten)
1/2 teaspoon salt

Add a little olive oil to a skillet and cook onions until caramelized
Add hamburger meat to onions (season with your favorite seasonings – I use seasoned salt, garlic and oregano) until browned, then add marinara sauce. Simmer while making cheese mixture below.
Combine ricotta cheese, salt, 1 cup mozzarella cheese, and egg.
Spray crock pot with cooking spray,
Start layering in the crock pot. Add a layer of meat (doesn’t need to be thick)
Then add a layer of uncooked noodles
Then a layer of the cheese mixture
You will then repeat those layers one more time
Finish with the rest of the meat sauce and 1-2 cups mozzarella cheese.
Cook on low for 3 hours (low so the noodles don’t over cook)

13 comments:

Betsy Brock said...

yum....I can almost smell that!

Sola Scriptura said...

That looks good! I like to use the slow cooker on busy days so this recipe looks great to me. I wouldn't have thought of making lasagne this way!

Amy at love made my home said...

I never would have thought of making lasagne in this way!!! It really is amazing what you can cook in a crock pot isn't it. xx

HOOTIN ANNI said...

Seems like a lot of work that goes into it tho. My lasagna is simpler. But, OH this looks so yummy.

Linda E said...

Looks good and the recipe sounds great for the crock pot, and I am all for anything cooked that way.

Judy said...

This looks so good, I'm going to print this out. It sounds perfect for a time when I need to put something in the crock-pot when there is no time to cook.

Kerin said...

Oh, how nice to be able to do a lasagna in the crock pot!
Thanks for sharing the recipe :)

Brooke said...

sounds quick and easy - my specialty!!

Jenny said...

WOWWWWW~! First chilly day here, I'm making this. Thanks Maribeth xoxo

Felicias Red Door Life said...

This looks so good. Lasagna is one of our favorite meals and I like that this is easier to make.

Beth (A Mom's Life) said...

Looks delish! I love anything made in a crock pot - no matter how it looks!

Terri D said...

I'm sure it is delicious! The worst part of making lasagna is cooking the noodles, so anytime that step can be cut out is great!

Cherdecor said...

This looks really good.