Pages

Monday, May 12, 2014

Nurses Week


 
Last week was Nurses week.  You know, it seems like there's a day for most everything lately.  Working in a nursing home, I can tell you that there is nurses week, the next week is Nursing Home week, there's CNA week, there's dietary appreciation week and laundry and housekeeping week.  Of course there is also Boss's day and Office administrators day. 
We don't usually have lots going on for nurses week, it's really more about a thanks than things.  However, I have to show you a few things I was given last week that I thought were really sweet.


My director of Nursing gave each of us this tote bag.  It's good quality, big enough to hold my laptop and I think it's pretty cute!



Our Office manager treated us to subs from Jimmy Johns one day. It was a nice treat and very thoughtful of her.



One of our residents made these for each of the nurses, because he says we're angels.   :)   It took him some time and I thought it was really kind!
I'm so blessed to work in a place where I can say my co-workers are my friends, along with many of the residents and family members.  It's always nice to be appreciated too!

15 comments:

Cherdecor said...

Those were all lovely gifts and I know that you are much appreciated for your care of the residents. I am glad that you had a great week.

Terri D said...

The entire year should be for nurses (and teachers). You received some lovely things, and the angel cross is so special. I know that having someone just say thanks goes a long way, too. You sure deserve the treats, and more. Glad it was a good week for you (and glad you had the weekend off!!).

White Lace and Promises said...

I loved Nursing Home Week. I planned activities for every day and I coordinated some of the events for the other weeks. I loved the nurses and the CNAs that took care of my mama. When it came time for Activity Director's Week I rarely got a thank you. I miss my residents. They kept me there. I'm thankful that there are special people like nurses who give care from the heart. Thank you for all you do.

Deb J. in Utah said...

I totally agree with the resident who made the cute crosses for you - nurses are angels! Nurses do so much for so many! Thank you for your service. So glad you feel appreciated.

Hootin Anni said...

Well thought of gifts of appreciation...but I must say the hand made cross/angel is a keeper!!!

Sola Scriptura said...

How thoughtful, I especially like the homemade angel cross.

Nancy's Notes said...

Mari, you are an angel! Happy belated nurses week! Love the special angels that were made for each of the nurses, just so sweet~

Linda said...

Mari, nurses are indeed angels. Happy Belated Nurses Week/Day. I sure miss Jimmy Johns, we don't have one here.We use to buy the day old bread. Blessings

Unknown said...

You work in a special place or it seems so, from the things you share. The gifts were so nice, and the 'thank yous' especially mean a lot. I know how hard the work can be at times, but to know, at least once a year, that you make a difference, is very nice.

Jennifer Hays said...

I am sure you are very much appreciated. I can tell you that when I gave birth to my children, which was a harrowing experience because I had many problems both times, it was the incredible nurses who made the situation a little better for me. I'll never forget any of them.

Connie said...

Nurses are special; especially you. Love the presents you received.

Brooke said...

what a sweet gift for that resident to make!! :)

LL Cool Joe said...

My sister in law is a nurse and I think you all do a wonderful job, and definitely deserve the gifts. I bet the resident took ages making those angels!

Jenny said...

It is nice to be appreciated, and those are very thoughtful and useful gifts. Any day you get a sandwich and an angel is a very good day. xoxo

Just A Southern Girl said...

How fun! I especially love the homemade gift from one of the residents -- very thoughtful and the time he put into it shows how much he values the work you do!