Pages

Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Cooking Thursday

 I'm sharing a few recipes with you today.  One can be a freezer recipe, the other is an old favorite!


Herbed Pork Tenderloin

2 Tablespoons paprika
 1/2 t cayenne pepper
1/4 t  black pepper
2 teaspoons garlic powder
1 t minced onion
1/2 t salt
1 t oregano
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/2 cup orange juice
1 pork tenderloin - about 1 pound
Stir spices together and place 2 Tablespoons into a resealable freezer bag. (You can save remaining spice mix for another time)
Add orange juice and pork.  Allow to marinate for 1-8 hours.
Place ingredients in crockpot and cook on low for 8-10 hours.
To freeze for later use, place in freezer after putting all ingredients in freezer bag.  Thaw and cook as directed.


Redskin Mashed Potatoes

1 1/2 pounds new redskin potatoes
1 stick butter
4 ounces shredded cheddar cheese
bacon bits - optional

Cut potatoes in half and boil until tender.  Drain water, and mash with skin on.  Stir in butter and cheese.  Enjoy!
These are the perfect side dish when you want mashed potatoes and won't have gravy, because they are so good on their own.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so hungry now! I had a bowl of cereal for supper!

Jennifer Hays said...

They both look totally delicious! Thanks for sharing.

Sola Scriptura said...

Both recipes looks so good! You share so many great recipes, thanks :)

Judy said...

I love cooking in my crock pot and your recipes look and sound so yummy.

Beth Cotell said...

YUM! I'm having pork tenderloin and mashed potatoes this weekend. I might have to give these two a try!

Terri D said...

I love pork tenderloin, but so often it turns out dry. This recipe sounds wonderful, and who doesn't like cheese and butter with their potatoes?!! Thanks so much, Mari!

Linda said...

Yum,yum,yum. I love mashed potatoes, especially with cheese. Blessings

Hootin Anni said...

mmmmmmmmmmm, once again, you have me drooling. Bud and I just had pork tenderloin and parsnips [cooked in a slow cooker]....but now I wish I'd saved the roast 'til after I read THIS post.

Next time.

Brooke said...

the taters sound perfect for this carb loading runner!!

Patsy said...

I got a bag of new potatoes yesterday and this dish sounds good.
I got the crescent bars made and they are good also.

Unknown said...

Yummmm, that looks so good.

Cherdecor said...

I have been shopping all day and I am hungry!These recipes look really good.

Sue O said...

I don't know if you remember me telling about the red fingerling potatoes that I left out in our shed when we had the big freeze? I'm still trying to use up the ones that survived and are now sprouting because it's so warm. Poor Jeff is heartily sick of potatoes, but I do enjoy them smashed with the skins on.