Pages

Monday, February 7, 2011

One of those weeks!


Did you ever have one of those weeks? We had one last week.
  • It started on Tuesday when Heather was in an accident, and her car was totaled. We are still waiting to hear what the Insurance company is paying out on it. In the meantime, we are shuffling cars to get us all where we need to be!
  • Tuesday night the blizzard struck, making for a harrowing drive to work on Wednesday.
  • On Thursday I noticed a funny smell when I did the wash. Bob thought a belt went bad, but when he tried to replace it, it turned out to be worse than that. Our washer was toast! We can't complain. We had it for 20 years without a single problem.
We went out Friday night and bought a new one. It's installed and working well.
  • Then - we had to have a wheel bearing replaced on our Blazer to the cost of $200. It would have cost more, but we have a wonderful son-in-law who is a mechanic. :)
  • Sunday as I was driving to work, thinking how nice it was not to be hearing the strange noise I had been hearing from the wheel, something turned on in the dash board. It was a yellow light that said "service Engine soon"! Aaaggh! I'm hoping it's just a sensor or something, because the money tree is nearly empty.

However - for everything that happened, there is a positive:
  • Heather wasn't hurt in the accident
  • We made it to work safely
  • I got a new washing machine
  • Our Blazer was fixed with free labor from our Son-in-law
  • The engine light is still on and I plan to have it checked on Tuesday, but it's running fine.
So - when I look at those things, I have to thank God for the way He blesses us, even in the middle of trouble!

19 comments:

Aspiemom said...

You certainly had an eventful week! I'm so glad your daughter wasn't hurt in her crash, but I'm sorry she had to go through that.

It's nice to see you counting your blessings during it all.

Mike Golch said...

I can so relate to having a bad week.I can so relete about the money tree.hopefully ours is still alive at the end of the money.

Mike Golch said...

I can so relate to having a bad week.I can so relete about the money tree.hopefully ours is still alive at the end of the money.

Karin said...

Our about the car accident. Happy with you that your daughter is not hurt - but she should get checked out by the doctor anyhow, imho. Sometimes after the adrenaline of the shock leaves, we start feeling the pains. It's happened to me!

You have had a full week! Take care and God bless!

Kathy said...

New week! Praise the Lord!!! I totally understand about the money tree. It adds up so fast!!!

Mari said...

They say there is always a silver lining to every storm cloud...right? Glad you survived the stress of your week...and praying for an "easier" as well as no money output week!

((hugs))

Nancy said...

I am so glad your daughter wasn't hurt.....it's amazing how those weeks come every once in a while but looks like you turned the negatives to postives.....

;) said...

I think I had "this week"! but not the same hairdresser ;)

I like the way you see the "positive" !

Pat said...

I love your glass half full take on things. You are so right, it was a yucky week, but God's hand on Heather, the ability to pay for repairs or replacements, and great son in law...I'd say your glass is MORE then half full!

Brooke said...

although the brand new washer won't last nearly as long as the old one!

Susan said...

I love your glass 1/2 full view of life. It truly is the only way to live and I know it's the way He wants us to live....In Everything Give Thanks!!! You do, sweet friend.

Unknown said...

I hear you, Mari! Sometimes it's simply time to play, "Count Your Blessings," because in the bigger picture, we have many of them! ;) And hey, share some snow with us, wouldja'?? Haha!

Hootin Anni said...

You go girl!!! Finding the positive in all of life's circumstances is always what I strive for, but sometimes I must admit I find it very difficult. Sometimes.

Your story about the dash board light coming on reminded me of one my father told us. He was coming back from a trip to Nebraska [we all still living in Colorado]...he was a widower, and traveling alone. Between the Nebraska state line and Colorado border, his dash board lighted up "Check Engine Now"...he pulled over, got out, lifted the hood, and saw that the engine was still there...got back in, and continued driving home. Well, the way he told it, it was so funny, I sent it in to Reader's Digest and made $25 on the story 'cause they published it. LOLOLOLOL

Lynn said...

Ugh! Weeks like that just need to be left in the dust. Glad the Lord gave you a whole new week AND a positive outlook.

Raise Them Up said...

Thanks, Mari for setting such a wonderful example. I sure hope you have a better week. :)

Jean said...

Bless you, Mari, for being able to come up with those positives. I really mean it. I feel challenged and inspired.

Kari said...

the cat says it all!
I'm blessed that for everything that happened to you, you also choose to see a positive and make it all good.
Wow ! In everything huh - give thanks!!

A Stone Gatherer said...

Funny thing: Our engine light was on most of our trip out west. A little freaky, but it turned out to be a small sensor when we got home!!! Wooosh!!!!

Kim said...

I'd say you got your money's worth out of that washer :) I'd never had a new washer until we moved here and I'm LOVIN' it! Makes doing laundry fun :) I'm weird, I know.

Glad that despite the many things that went "wrong", it was all stuff you could "fix" one way or the other.