Pages

Monday, November 10, 2008

Tips on Tuesday



We've been painting again and we tried out a new product. It's called Paint Pourri, and is something you put into a gallon of paint to make your room smell nice. Bob has been selling it in his paint department for a while now and we wanted to try it ourselves. Our maintenance man at work has been using it whenever he paints a room and people often comment on how fresh it smells. The scent we got was Simply Clean and that's how it smells - fresh and clean. (I did hear from a friend that they tried this with tropical breeze scent and it was too strong.) There is no paint smell and it isn't a strong or overpowering. It costs $2.95 for one package which scents 1 gallon. Whenever I paint again (hopefully not too soon!) I will use it.
For more Tips, visit Sandra at Diary of a SAHM.


post signature

17 comments:

Mike Golch said...

just stopped by to say Hi,I hope that you had a great day today!

Kristie said...

I wish we would have had this yesterday. My husband painted our bedroom with different paint then normal and one day later we still can't hardly be in the room. I will certainly remember this for next time.

Kayren said...

Well, Mari, I'm going to get to paint eventually, and this is a timely tip for me. Thanks!

Did you ever get the color name for your kitchen/dining room paint from Bob?

Have a great week!

~ Kayren

Demara said...

OH THAT is so handy! I wonder if they have it here in Canada?

When we paint next, we gotta get some of that!!! Oooo it makes me excited to paint just thinking about it~

Thank-you for letting me know about it!

A Stone Gatherer said...

cool idea! I love the smell of fresh paint though!

Terri said...

Is that what we used when we painted for Dad?

Grace Acres said...

thanks for the tip.

Cheri said...

That is the same stuff we used with dad's house too. I've used it since too and liked it.

Krista said...

Sounds like an awesome product!

Saija said...

never heard of that before ... but what a great idea ...

our cottage was all pine/cedar inside ... but now that we are living in a dry wall place again - well something to store away for future reference!

thanx ... blessings on ya!

Renee said...

Great tip! We're planning on painting after the first of the year and I'll have to try this out. Thanks!

Growin' With It said...

i love an excuse to redecorate a room and that's the best one i've heard yet!

All My Blessings said...

Thank you for sharing and I can't to try anything that smells fresh and clean...I've been pushing Tom to paint....it needs it....Kae

Anonymous said...

What a neat idea! I've never heard of this. Thanks for sharing - I'll pass this on.

Pat said...

With having inherited two houses in less then a year...we have painted ourselves silly. I've painted everything except my toe nails! I could have used some nice fragrance during all this work!

Mary said...

Mari,

This tip was just in time. I want to paint the kitchen before Christmas and will check to see if this is available in Canada. It sounds terrific.

Blessings,
Mary

Kathi~Lavender, Lace and Thyme said...

Thank you for sharing, I've always wondered if this product actually worked so now I know thanks to you :)