Pages

Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Slow Cooking Thursday


The recipe I'm sharing today is one that my family really likes. I did post it once, but it's been over a year ago. We had it for supper this week and I thought it was time to share it again. Hope you like it too.

Chicken over Biscuits
1 1/2 pound boneless, skinless chicken tenders
1 tablespoon minced onion
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1 bay leaf
12 oz jar chicken gravy
1/3 cup water
2 celery stalks, chopped
Pillsbury frozen buttermilk biscuits (they come in a pkg of 12)
1 16 oz bag frozen mixed vegetables
Place chicken in crock pot. Sprinkle onion, pepper and bay leaf over. Pour gravy over top, then water. Put celery on top. Cook on low for 8-9 hours.
30 minutes before serving, remove bay leaf and stir in mixed vegetables. Break apart chicken tenders with a fork. Turn heat to high and cover. Cook amount of biscuits you want as directed on pkg.
Split biscuits and pour chicken mix over top.

For more slow cooking recipes, stop over at Sandra's place!

post signature

17 comments:

Cherdecor said...

The Chicken over Biscuits looks oh so good but it would "kill" me if I ate it. I really miss that kind of food. Boo Hoo!

Lara said...

It looks really good. I'm certainly going to try it.

Kathi~Lavender, Lace and Thyme said...

Good Morning Mari,

This sounds wonderful, I enjoy a good crock pot recipe! Thank you for sharing, I look forward to next Thursday :)

Blessings,
Kathi :)

Cheri said...

Mark would love this- it's going on my schedule next week!

Beth Cotell said...

You can never go wrong with a recipe that includes biscuits and gravy!

Jen said...

This looks really good. Our children are dippers of anything. This will be perfect.

Mary said...

Mari,

This sounds delicious and my crockpot is empty right now. Mmm! But it's too late to make this today. Maybe tomorrow. Hubby and I have been indulging in some warm comfort foods since the weather turned cold this week.

Thanks for sharing these great recipes.

Blessings,
Mary

Kristie said...

A good reason for me to make homemade biscuits. YUM!

Pat said...

I must admit that after 42 years I am in a cooking slump. Translated that means I'm temporarily tired of cooking. I am not tired of eating though so this won't last too long. This sounds dee-lish!

Sandra said...

Oh yeah, going down on my menu definitely. This is just the kind of meal my family loves :)

Renee said...

I've bookmarked this to make really soon. It sounds so good! Thanks for sharing.

Betsy said...

Sounds yummy!

All My Blessings said...

This sounds soooo good!!! Kae

Pennies In My Pocket said...

Oh this sounds so soothing and fabulous!

~melody~

Rebekah said...

I make a chicken recipe similar to this but pour it over mashed potatos. YUmY

Michelle said...

this sounds just delicious and perfect for the fall .Thanks Mari :)

Leigh of Tales from Bloggeritaville said...

so going to make this!