1/4 bushel tomatoes (about 13 pounds)
2-3 large onions, chopped
4 green peppers, chopped
5-7 jalapeno peppers depending on spice level you want, chopped and seeded. If you want your salsa hotter, leave some seeds in.
6 teaspoons sugar
6 teaspoons salt
6 teaspoons vinegar
3 teaspoons minced garlic
2 teaspoons garlic salt
2-3 large cans of tomato paste
Place tomatoes in boiling water for 1-2 minutes, then put in ice water. Remove tomatoes, peel and core them. Place in large pan, stir in onions green peppers jalapeno peppers, sugar, salt vinegar, garlic and garlic salt. Bring to boil and simmer for 1 hour.
Stir in tomato paste to reach desired thickness.
Ladle into pint jars and process in hot water bath for 30 minutes.
Makes about 12 pints.
Ladle into pint jars and process in hot water bath for 30 minutes.
Makes about 12 pints.

1 comment:
Dear Mari, I don't have a garden but I have a friend who does. I will pass on this recipe to her. Thank you so much for sharing. 😊
Post a Comment