Our church loves potlucks! We had another one last week and I made something new. Meatballs are always a favorite and when I saw this recipe, I thought it would be a nice switch. This one is hot dog bites with a yummy BBQ sauce that starts with your favorite sauce and is made even better.
I made a double batch and came home with a completely empty crockpot. These were a hit, and would be perfect for your next big gathering!
BBQ Hot Dog Bites
2 packages hot dogs, sliced or may use mini dogs
1/2 cup of your favorite BBQ sauce
4 tablespoons melted butter
3 tablespoons brown sugar
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon onion powder
salt and pepper to taste
1/2 cup BBQ sauce
1 tablespoon honey
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Stir together the 1/2 cup BBQ sauce, melted butter, brown sugar, garlic powder, onion powder, salt and pepper. Stir in hot dog slices till coated.
Place in shallow roasting pan and bake for 25 minutes.
Remove from oven and stir in the second 1/2 cup of BBQ sauce and honey. Bake for another 15 minutes, then broil for 2-3 minutes until hot dogs start browning.
May serve at this point, or place in crockpot on warm until serving.

2 comments:
Dear Mari, this looks and sounds amazing. Thank you so much for sharing.
Looks really good! People MAY like hot dogs better than meatballs!
Post a Comment