As I told you yesterday, it was a night of little sleep, but Cassie was still raring to go!
Grandpa made pancakes for breakfast.
The girls all said they were good!
The tie dye shirts they made the day before were done and turned out cute!
We were in the back yard finding things to make nature prints with and Alaina spotted something.
It was a tiny little toad!
We painted art paper with a mix of isopropanol alcohol and tumeric. They we found flowers and leaves that would lay flat and left it out in the sun. It had to be outside for several hours so we went on another adventure.
We went to a zoo about 45 minutes from our house.
The baby goats were so cute!
They each got to feed the giraffes.
Kangaroos!
They had a section with animatronic dinosaurs. Cassie was so excited! She said "I thought all the dinosaurs died lots of years ago." And "Look! Real, live dinosaurs!" We didn't tell her they weren't real, we'll let her parents do that...
Ruby and Cassie.
These are African Rhea birds. We all loved the babies who were just running all over.
The rhinoceros were huge!We had lunch there and soon it was time to go home.
The prints we left in the sun, had to be dipped in a baking soda solution to set the color, Here's what they looked like when they dried.
While we waited for the prints to dry, they had one last visit to the camp store. I forgot to show you the camp store yesterday, but here it is. I found some old fashioned candy, like candy necklaces, wax bottle candy, pop rocks, suckers, along with some little toys, bracelets, granola bars and fruits snacks. I had put play money for them to use, in the bags they got when they came. They had 2 store visits the first day, and then this one before they went home. The store was a big hit!
On the way home, we stopped at the local ice cream shop. Then we brought some tired girls home and Bob and I went home and recuperated. We were tired, but we sure had fun!
1 comment:
Dear Mari, a pancake breakfast and a fun-filled day looks and sounds fantastic! I love the tie-dye shirts!
I love the artwork. And I absolutely love seeing all the animals!!! Thank you so much for sharing.
Post a Comment