Pages

Wednesday, December 6, 2023

Cooking Thursday

Do you like your crockpot as much as I do?  Here's a recipe of a chicken dinner, all made in the crockpot.  So easy and good!


Here's how it looked, all set to go in the crockpot.




And here it is, all done on the plate!

Chicken Crockpot Meal
2-3 boneless, skinless chicken breast
1 small bag baby potatoes
12 ounces fresh or frozen green beans
1 envelope Italian dressing mix
Black pepper to taste
4 tablespoons butter
Place chicken on one side of crockpot.
Wash potatoes and half or quarter depending on size. Place next to chicken.
Place clean, snipped beans in remaining section of crockpot.
Sprinkle dressing mix over all, making sure to get some on all chicken pieces.  Sprinkle black pepper over all.
Cut butter into pieces and place over chicken and vegetables.
Cook on low for 7-8 hours depending on thickness of chicken.

19 comments:

16 blessings'mom said...

That looks so good! I love my crockpot too....:)

Deb J. in Utah said...

Winner, Winner Chicken Dinner! Wow that looks so good. Going to be trying this very soon! Thanks for this idea!

Mandy said...

Ohh, this looks so good! And easy! And I know if you recommend it, it will be great! Filing this one away!!

Suemn said...

This looks like a yummy dinner recipe! I haven't had frozen green beans for a very long time.

Sola Scriptura said...

Thank you for the easy recipe! This would be great for a Sunday lunch.

Catherine said...

I don’t have a crockpot yet but it must be nice to cook with it! I will have Romertopf chicken tonight.

Pamela M. Steiner said...

Sounds good. And the chicken wasn't dry? I tend to be afraid of chicken breasts getting dry cooking like that all day. I'm not a great crock pot user. Mostly use it for pot roast and also a Boston Butt roast. And also to keep things warm to take to a pot luck dinner. I need to try more recipes because that looks good!

Terri D said...

I LOVE my crock pot and this looks and sounds so good, Mari! Thanks for sharing another winner with us!!

Dianna said...

That looks and sounds delicious, Mari. I'll have to add it my collection of Mari's recipes so I will give it a try. :)

Latane Barton said...

Oh now, that just looks 'good enough to eat'. And, your post reminded me that I missed lunch and it's nearly 4. I think I am hungry! You have a good one. Latane

happyone said...

Yes, I love my crock pot!!! I'm using it today. :)

Lowcarb team member said...

Yum! That looks so good!

All the best Jan

acorn hollow said...

That looks very tasty. I don't use my crockpot near enough

Cathy

Jenny the Pirate said...

Blimey! I adore my Crock Pots but I have yet to make something exactly like this! IN the rotation! I'll be doing this next week. Love it. Thanks, Mari! xoxo

Katelyn R. said...

OH yum!! I've done a similar recipe- just in the oven and we always love it :)

Prims By The Water said...

Yummy. I use my crockpot a lot too. Janie

Brenda Kay Ledford said...

What a delicious meal!

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

Yes! One of my favorite kitchen tools is my slow cooker. :) I've seen recipes for this before and I've always wondered if it was as good as how easy it seems to be. You have me convinced! Looks delish. 😋

Debi said...

I've made similar dinners in my crockpot but never added the Italian dressing. I'll try that next time! We like to sub carrots for the green beans sometimes.