Pages

Monday, October 2, 2023

Jute Pumpkins

Last week, when Alaina spent the night, we made pumpkins out of jute.  Here's how we made them.

You need:
medium weight jute, needs to be able to hold the shape.  We used natural and white
Cinnamon sticks
wire to tie jute
Hot glue gun
ribbon for bow on top.


Here's Alaina making loops with the jute. Take the jute, and wrap it 9 or 10 times around 4 fingers for a kid, 3 for an adult. Then remove jute and twist wire to hold the loops together.




Here's some of the loops, ready to assemble.  



Take 8-10 of these jute loops and glue them to a cinnamon stick, keeping the loops on the bottom, so the top of the stick looks like a pumpkin stem.





Take another piece of jute and tie it tightly around the cinnamon stick and jute loops to keep everything together.

Fluff and separate the jute loops so it looks like a pumpkin.
Tie a little bow around the cinnamon stick above the jute.
Your little pumpkin is ready!



Here's Alaina with the two pumpkins she made.





Here's our completed pumpkins.  We brought one home for Ruby and brought one to my stepmom in Assisted Living.  Alaina took her 2 pumpkins home to put in her room.
This was an easy but cute Fall craft.



17 comments:

Susan said...

Those came out so cute!!!!!

My Tata's Cottage said...

Oh my goodness I LOVE those! Everyone is very crafty this year. I love seeing all your treasures. Plus those beauties you have for grandgirls! Happy MOnday and a blessed new week.

Ginny Hartzler said...

They are adorable!! You always have the BEST crafts!

Jenny the Pirate said...

Erica and I saw a video of someone making one of these and were SO impressed. WOW that is a cute craft for being so simple! Such fun. Alaina is growing into a beautiful young lady. xoxo

Donna said...

What a cute idea! Well done!
hugs
Donna

Billie Jo said...

Hello, my friend! You are absolutely amazing! What a lovely idea. I am going to show this to Madison. She and Flynn love to do crafts together. Thank you!

Suemn said...

Those little pumpkins really turned out looking very cute! I'm impressed:)

Jeanette said...

That is such a cute idea!

Catherine said...

I also used cinnamon for my pumpkins.
Yours are a nice idea it changes from fabric ones.

Great-Granny Grandma said...

Oh, how cute.

happyone said...

So cute, turned out great.

Prims By The Water said...

I have seen these before. She did an awesome job! Janice

Mandy said...

Just when I think ya'll's crafts can't get any cuter!!! These are just so cute!! I'm so glad you shared these here!

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

What an adorable craft! Love it!! 🎃

Kim said...

Cute, cute, cute!! She did a great job! Can you believe I've never made them? I need to give them a try.

Terri D said...

Mari, you come up with just the cutest craft ideas to do with your sweet girls!! Love these!!

Debby said...

How darling and so easy too. Hmm, I might have to give this a try.