Pages

Monday, March 20, 2023

Oreo Bunnies

 When Alaina and Ruby were here, we made cute bunny treats using oreos, marshmallows, white chocolate and sprinkles.  They were really pretty easy to make, but they got easier after we did a few and learned some tricks.


First we carefully opened the oreos, dipped a sucker stick in melted white chocolate, put it in the frosting and put them back together.  While the white chocolate cooled, we worked on bunny ears.




To make the ears, we cut large marshmallows in half diagonally, then pressed them into pink sprinkles. The sprinkles stick to the cut part and they look like bunny ears!


Then we drizzled melted white chocolate over the oreo's and spread it onto front and back.  We pressed the bottom of the ears into the oreos and set them to dry on parchment paper.  Once they dried, I did add a little more white chocolate to the back to make sure the ears stayed on.



We put candy eyes on, a little pink candy for a nose and a sprinkle for the mouth.





Then they went into bags and were tied with a pink ribbon.  We brought one to both Dad and Ann, saved one for Cassie, saved one for Bob, dropped some off at the girls friends house and sent some home with them.




They were pretty happy with their creations!

23 comments:

Veronica Lee said...

The bunny treats are so cute!

Love the girls' happy smiles.

Hugs and blessings, Mari

Ginny Hartzler said...

Oh my gosh, they are adorable! Way too cute to eat!!

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

Brilliant job with the bunnies Ladies. They're so cute! 🐰 💕

Catherine said...

Such a good idea! Very nice for Easter bunnies. I am sure they liked to make them very much.

Hootin Anni said...

What a terrific project for the season!!!

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Mari. Those are just darling! What a fun Easter craft to do with your girlies. Hope you are having a great week!

Donna said...

Oh how Cute these are! You all did a great job on the bunnies...I know the girlz enjoyed their treats!
hugs
Donna

Sparky said...

I think Oreo's are a favorite with everyone. The bunnies are so cute just like the Grand's. Y'all are so precious. I hope your day is enjoyable and sweet. xx

Suemn said...

Aww! Such a cute craft idea. Good tasting too:)

Jeanette said...

Those are super cute!

Judy said...

Those are so cute and what a neat idea.

happyone said...

They turned out great. What a terrific idea and I bet the tasted good too.

Michelle said...

These are so cute. Obviously, the girls love them :)

Terri D said...

Such fun!! They look great!

Billie Jo said...

My goodness! They are adorable!!!! Thank you for sharing!

Kim said...

You had me at Oreos, but these are totally darling!! Is it ok if I link back to this post on your blog in my chocolate covered Oreo post? I think people would love this idea!!

Sally said...

So adorable, and the girls also. I'm always happy to see them! Just precious. xoxo

Sally said...

I think my comment made its way into the blogosphere. :)

Those are adorable and as always the girls are so precious. I love watching them as they grow and darn it too fast. xoxo

The Happy Whisk said...

Oh my gosh, I never thought about putting cookies on a stick like this and turning them into bunnies.

Brilliant!

Jean said...

They are adorable!! And I bet they tasted good too!!

Mandy said...

Aww, those are just THE cutest! 🐰 Y’all have the best fun!

Beth Cotell said...

Oh my goodness! Those bunny treats are adorable and I bet they're tasty too!

Jenny the Pirate said...

Those are absolutely precious. I can't believe the time and effort you put into everything you do with the girls. I know they are aware of what a treasure they have in their heritage and family. As to the bunnies, you would have lost me at "carefully open the Oreos" haaaahahaa because I would have eaten them as soon as I touched them. xoxo