Pages

Wednesday, March 29, 2023

Cooking Thursday

 We had something new this week, a recipe I got from my friend Deb, of Days of my Life. I must confess to having this recipe for some time.  I am bad at saving recipes to use, and then forgetting them.  Last week I was looking at some and I thought it was far past time to try it.
As Deb promised, it was good!  Deb posted the original recipe with a few things she did differently.  I used a little bit from both recipes. Bob and I both enjoyed it and I will be making it again.




Italian Cream Cheese Chicken
1/2 cup butter
8 ounces cream cheese
2 envelopes Italian Dressing Seasoning Envelopes
2 cans Cream of Chicken soup
1 can corn, drained
4 chicken breasts
Cooked rice

Melt butter and cream cheese together.  Stir in Italian Dressing Seasoning, then stir in cream of chicken soup.
Place in chicken in crock pot and pour sauce over top.
Cook on low for about 7 hours, then shred chicken and stir in corn.
Cook for another hour on low.
Serve over hot cooked rice.

*Deb added sliced potatoes to hers, and used 1 can cream of chicken and 1 can cream of mushroom soup. She also added 1/2 cup milk.  I think this recipe is quite flexible and you can switch it up a lot and it still works.

14 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

I haven't seen this one before. It looks unusual and good!

Hootin Anni said...

Sounds delicious!!!

Donna said...

Well, it certainly looks good!
hugs
Donna

Suemn said...

Hi Mari, I'm going to try this recipe for sure. Thanks for posting it.

Kim said...

Looks good...and I forget about recipes, too. I need a better system!

Catherine said...

It must be good you must have enjoyed the dish!

Terri D said...

I am also guilty of saving recipes and then forgetting about them until I go looking again. This would be good for my church small group and I am the hostess next month. How would broccoli work instead of corn? Anywhere I can cut carbs works for me these days. Thanks, Mari! This one sounds good!

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

Anything creamy Italian flavors - I'm in! 😋

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Mari. Wow, I had forgotten about this recipe. I need to make this again soon. It's good. Thanks for the reminder. Have a good weekend.

Pattie @ Olla-Podrida said...

This sounds so good! I really like dishes like this that are relatively easy to put together. Yes, there are days when I will spend hours in the kitchen. I do that, maybe, once a week. For the rest of the time, whatever I can throw together in one pot and cook up works for me. Thanks for sharing. I’m definitely going to try this.

Sally said...

Oh, I want that. Looks so delish! You always make the most wonderful food, Mari. ;)

xoxo

Pam said...

Cream cheese always makes things so much better! Sounds good.

Jenny the Pirate said...

This sounds delicious and so comforting! Much like crack chicken xoxo

My Tata's Cottage said...

I love the variety this has thank you for sharing.