Pages

Monday, February 6, 2023

Tip for Tuesday

 I often cook chicken breasts in my Instantpot, to shred and use later.  I was doing that on Friday night, and then reading blogs.
I was reading Barb, from Sweet Tea and Sandals post, and she was talking about positioning your Instantpot correctly, so you didn't steam your cabinets.  It made me think I should share my solution for that. Actually it's Bob's solution - something he thought of and picked up for me.



This is a PVC plumbing elbow, available at any hardware or home store.  They don't cost much at all.  You can put it on the vent and can turn it to vent the steam in whatever direction you want.  I keep mine right in my Instantpot.


And here's a tip for shredding that chicken after you cook it.


Did you know that if you have cooked chicken breast, you can put them in a bowl, and with a mixer, you can shred them in just a minute?  I use my hand mixer, shred the chicken and then package it in bags and freeze it.
If you've never tried it, it's a big time saver!

18 comments:

Deb J. in Utah said...

Both a great tips! I don't have an instapot, but I am thinking of getting one eventually. I hope you have a great week.

Kim said...

Nice tips!

Jean said...

Jeremy gave me an instant pot several years ago, but I have not used it much. I just never got the hang of it. I do use the air fryer more.

I never knew I could shred chicken like that!!!

Ginny Hartzler said...

These tips are brilliant!!!

Romance Book Haven said...

Awesome tips that I'm going to follow now!

Susan said...

I never thought of shredding chicken with a blender! I don't have an Instapot. that PC elbow is a great idea!

Hootin Anni said...

One word...genius!!!

Donna said...

My hubby, Larry the Plumber, Gave me one long ago when I complained about the steam. And I tried the beater method once...Lolol...Chicken went flying!
hugs
Donna

Jenny the Pirate said...

I don't have an instantpot but even I can see that the PVC elbow is a brilliant idea~ And shredding chicken that way is ingenious! xoxo

Jeanette said...

Great tips! I don't have an InstantPot but I cook chicken breasts in my slow cooker and use a hand mixer to shred them! There is so much you can do with them!

Catherine said...

Good ideas!

Billie Jo said...

Clever!!!! Thanks. I always come away smarter than when I arrive here!

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

That's so clever for the instapot! And I have done that for chicken and it does work beautifully!

Suemn said...

What a great tip on how to shred cooked chicken breasts!

happyone said...

Shredding with chicken with a mixer sounds like a great idea. I always use two forks. I'll be trying the mixer next time.

Terri D said...

Those are both great ideas! I don't have an InstaPot but buy a rotisserie chicken from Sam's and shred it for freezer bags. The mixer is a great tip! Thanks!!

Barbara said...

Excellent suggestions here, Mari. I trust you won't mine if I share your photo of the PVC pipe (and the explanation) on my blog. It's a really smart idea!

And shredding the chicken with the hand-held mixer -- I had no idea. That's great!

Debby said...

I don't have a insta pot but that is a good idea. Good tip Mari.