Pages

Sunday, June 26, 2022

More weekend fun

 We had Alaina and Ruby overnight on Friday. Laura and Aaron dropped them off at my work, and we went and met Bob at Red Robin for supper. We took them there once before and they thought it was a fun place.


This was the cute picture Alaina drew on the back of the kids menu and left for the waiter.



It was a nice night and they had fun playing outside when we got home.  Even though these things are much too small for them, they have fun playing on them.



Did you ever see anyone ride a trike this way?  :)




The next morning they had fun with play-dough.




Then went back outside.




They have great imaginations.  They told me they were harvesting wheat here.



We made a craft:

First, we cut out a face.




Then a dress...




Then traced the dress onto a white cup and cut it out.
Next, take another cup and divide it into 3 sections, then color each section separately. 
Tape the head to the top of the cup, and put the colored cup inside.  Then when you spin it, it looks like a girl with a different dress on for each pattern.




Here's the girls with their paper girls.




The finished product!


After lunch we went to my Dads house.  Laura and Aaron met us there.

We walked out back, where they checked out this old shed, which is something my Dad let us use as a playhouse when we were young.  We used to spend hours out there!




Dad's roses were blooming.  This is one someone gave him when my mom passed away 19 years ago.





Dad was having a good day and was sitting out on the porch when we got there.   Andrew, Heather and Cassie had been there before we got there.

Here's Laura, Dad, Ann, Alaina and Ruby.  We had a nice visit and then the girls went home with their parents.

12 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

This is a great family photo. The girls sure now how to have fun. And I love the craft, and the Play Doh snail.

Dianna said...

Mari, you are such a wonderful grandmother. You and Bob make such special memories for the girls. I love it that Alaina made a thoughtful little something to leave behind for the waiter at the Red Robin. That's just special.

I love the crafts you come up with for the girls to do each time they visit. Those dolls and their dresses are so unique and fun!

Your dad looks really good. I'm glad he was having a good day when you stopped by. I didn't notice it before, but Maybe that's because I don't remember seeing pictures of Laura and your dad side by side like this but Laura favors your dad in her facial features...the shape of her face, that same smile and eyes. And Aliana certainly looks like her mama.

R's Rue said...

I love seeing your visits.

Henny Penny said...

Sorry I've missed your posts lately. Looks like I picked a good time to log on. I love visits with your famils...especially with all your sweet granddaughters. What a nice family picture. You have such a nice family. Alaina and Ruby make every day fun. What nice girls.

Jenny the Pirate said...

Well that craft is just about the cleverest and cutest I have ever seen! Your dad looks great and I'm glad to see he's enjoying the summer, being outdoors, and being surrounded by those who love him. Oh and tell Alaina that she's sitting in the pirate's Adirondack rocker on your porch. xoxo

Annsterw said...

What a lovely visit! It is so nice to see children with imaginations! I was worried that video games had ruined a whole generation!

Terri D said...

Another fun time with those precious girls!! THe craft looks like fun!! That picture on the porch with your dad is so great! Glad he was having a good day and got to see so many family members! Thanks for sharing the love and fun! xo

Great-Granny Grandma said...

I'm sure the waiter was touched by that sweet thank you.
Looks like the girls had another fun weekend at Grandma's. I always love the crafts you do with them.

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

Love your adorable family so much! The paper cup girls are adorable! What a fun craft. So nice to see your Dad doing so well. 💕

Debi said...

You always have such fun with your girls! I'm going to try that paper doll craft with my granddaughter the next time I see her. Thanks for a great idea!

Tracy dixon said...

Looks like fun was had by all. I love all your craft ideas. Where do you find them?
That old shed would make a great fixer upper project for the girls a playhouse.

A Joyful Cottage said...

Mari, it looks like Alaina has inherited her grandmother's artistic talents. So sweet of her to draw a picture and thank the server. She has a good heart. I love to see Alaina and Ruby together. They radiate love. Your dad looks great, and I'm glad he was having a good day. The photo of all of them is lovely. The craft you made with the girls is so cute. Very clever. Have a great weekend! Hugs.