Pages

Wednesday, June 22, 2022

Cooking Thursday

Here's a crock pot recipe I made recently.  Mongolian Beef is something Bob likes to order, so I thought I would try it at home.  It turned out good!  However, I forgot to take a picture.  I'm sorry!







Slow Cooker Mongolian Beef
1 1/2 pounds flank steak thinly sliced against the grain
1/4 cup cornstarch
1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
1 teaspoon minced garlic
1 teaspoon minced ginger
1/2 cup low sodium soy sauce
1/3 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup water
1/2 cup green onions cut into 1/2 inch pieces
Cooked rice
Place the flank steak in a bowl with the cornstarch and toss to coat evenly.
Add the flank steak to the slow cooker.
Place the sesame oil, garlic, ginger, soy sauce, brown sugar and water in the slow cooker. Stir to coat the meat in the sauce.
Cover and cook on HIGH for 2-3 hours or LOW for 4-5 hours. 
Stir in the green onions, then serve over rice.

9 comments:

Jean said...

This sounds great! I think Anthony and Lori would love it.

Debby said...

Yum - another keeper! Thanks

Ginny Hartzler said...

It looks delicious! Mongolian beef always looks so good in the buffet restaraunts.

Connie said...

Mari, this sounds delicious, thanks. Oh, did I say, you're making my mouth water :)

Dianna said...

Oh yummy! This sounds really good. Thanks, Mari!

Jenny the Pirate said...

My mouth is watering! I love these kinds of sauces and of course I love steak, hahaa! Copied xoxo

Terri D said...

Yes, please!! Sesame Oil smells and tastes so good. Thanks for this recipe!! Another keeper! xo

Cheryl’s Sunlit Pathway said...

Sounds great we are having roast beef tonight. Company is coming over to visit

Kim said...

Oh...I've never tried this. Might have to add it to the menu!