Pages

Wednesday, June 23, 2021

Cooking Thursday

 Bob loves anything with cherry, and he also loves crescent rolls, so when I saw this recipe that had both of them, and cream cheese too, I knew it would be a winner.
These were so easy to put together and were as good as anticipated!


Mini Cherry Cheese Danishes

1 roll Pillsbury crescent rolls
4 ounces cream cheese, softened
1/3 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 can cherry pie filling
1/3 cup powdered sugar
2 teaspoons milk

Open crescent rolls and do not unroll them.  Use serrated knife to cut through them like slice and bake cookies.  Cut into 10 slices.
Lay each slice on a parchment lined cookie sheet.  Press them with your fingers to flatten them, leaving a small wall around the edge.
Beat cream cheese, sugar and vanilla together until smooth.
Place a dollop of  cream cheese mix into the center of each roll.  Place a tablespoon of cherry pie filling on top of it.
Bake at 350 degrees for18-20 minutes.
Stir together powdered sugar and milk and drizzle over danishes.  Enjoy!

17 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

YUM, what an inventive recipie! I need to try these. Easy as well.

Deb J. in Utah said...

Those look so good. I will have to give them a try. Thanks for this recipe. :-)

Laurel Wood said...

I have always loved cherry cheese danish. This looks so good!

Hootin Anni said...

A simple, easy, and I'm sure...delicious treat!

Sparky said...

How nice. Steve likes cherry's, I wish I did. He would sure like a treat like that.
Blessings. xx

Martha said...

Looks delicious and so nice and easy too. I'm saving this for when I do our family brunch buffets. Thanks for sharing!

R's Rue said...

Yum. I want one. I’ll be right over.

Suemn said...

I'll have to try this recipe. Thanks for posting:)

Jeanette said...

How easy! And they look delicious!

Beside a babbling brook... said...

Ohhhh yummmmmmm..........

I'm sure my husband would love them too....

Terri D said...

Ooooo... that sounds SO good! Thanks for this!

Debi said...

Oh these look delicious! I'm going to have to try these. Thanks for sharing the recipe.

Doris said...

That looks sooo good! Really wish there were GF crescent rolls but I've never seen any....maybe someday.

Catherine said...

I love cherries and had already some fresh ones. This looks very tasty

Jenny the Pirate said...

Are you KIDDING me right now, Mari! *sigh* I guess I'll stomp off to the store and get all that stuff. Thanks a LOT. xoxo

Kim said...

These look so good and remind me of something that my grandmother used to make. I'd completely forgotten about them until now. Thanks. Now I need to pin your recipe and find hers! Haha!

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

Total keeper recipe. Thank you! 😋