Pages

Wednesday, December 9, 2020

Cooking Thursday

 Here's an easy bar recipe that makes a nice big pan!  It's one I've made for years and is perfect for bringing when you need to share something.  I recently made these to send with Bob when he was off hunting with his brothers.



M & M Squares
1 cup peanut butter
3/4 cup oleo
1 1/2 cup brown sugar
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 1/3 cup flour
1 cup quick oats
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 cups M & M's

Beat together peanut butter, oleo and sugar.  Add eggs and vanilla.  Mix flour, oatmeal, soda and salt.  Add to oleo mixture.  Mix in 1 cup M & M's.  Press into jelly roll pan.  Sprinkle remaining M & M's over dough.  Bake 350 degrees for 25 minutes.

9 comments:

Mary said...

That takes me back, we used to make chocolate chip bar cookies when I was younger. My daughter loves cookies with m&m’s in place of chips, I will make these for her

Ginny Hartzler said...

Yum! And the oats make it health food!

Arlene G said...

My grands would LOVE this.

Joyful said...

I like this simple yet lovely treat.

Hootin Anni said...

Rich & yummy...especially, warm from the oven.

Ramblings of a Retired Lady said...

perfect when going hunting or going anywhere.....yummm

Debi said...

My grands love these!

Susan said...

That looks like a yummy dessert! Thanks for sharing!

Jenny the Pirate said...

Wow! Another winner. Duly copied. Thanks, Mari! xoxo