Pages

Wednesday, August 12, 2020

Cooking Thursday

Bob loves sausage, and when we go out and there is a dish that has pasta and sausage in it, it's a pretty sure bet that he'll order it.  So - when I saw this recipe, I knew I had to try it.
This was a winner in many ways.  It didn't take long to make, it was quite easy and Bob loved it!  I thought it was good too.
I used turkey sausage and it tasted very good.


Spicy Sausage Pasta

  • 1 tbsp olive oil
  • 1 lb smoked sausage
  • 1 cup diced onion
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced
  • 2 cups chicken broth
  • 1 (10 oz) can Ro-Tel tomatoes and green chilies, Mild
  • 1/2 cup heavy cream
  • 8 oz penne pasta
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt and pepper, each
  • 1 cup Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
  • 3 tbsp thinly sliced scallions
  1. Add olive oil to an oven-safe skillet over medium high heat until just smoking. Add sausage and onions and cook until lightly browned, about 4 minutes. Add garlic and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
  2. Add broth, tomatoes, cream, pasta, salt and pepper and stir. Bring to a boil, cover skillet, and reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer until pasta is tender, about 15 minutes.
  3. Remove skillet from heat and stir in 1/2 cup cheese. Top with remaining cheese and sprinkle with scallions.

13 comments:

Debi said...

Mmmmm... this sounds good and pretty easy to prepare. Thanks for sharing!

Ginny Hartzler said...

It looks really yummy! And easy.

Susan said...

Hi Mari,, you always have good recipes. I like how you make things from scratch. How is work going?

Marilyn @ MountainTopSpice said...

This does sound really easy and yummy... I like the idea of supper all in one pot too! My husband enjoys sausage, so I want to give this a try... thanks for sharing! Many blessings to you :)

Joyful said...

I make pasta and sausage somewhat regularly. It fits the bill and yours looks delicious.

Linda said...

Yummm...another keeper, smiles. Have a great day friend.

Changes in the wind said...

Looks and sounds great! Love that you are using a paper plate, I do that a lot as it is cheaper than running the dishwasher and a lot less work.

Terri D said...

We love sausage too and this sounds SO good! Thanks for sharing!

thismammablogs.x said...

This looks so yummy thankyou for the recipe I love pasta x

Sparky said...

That looks delicious. Yum!

LL Cool Joe said...

So did you serve it on a paper plate to save on the washing up! Haha. Looks very tasty.

Dianna said...

That looks so good, Mari. And I know it is something that Carroll would enjoy. Thank you for sharing the recipe.

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

OOOoohh - this is right up my alley! Yum!! Have to try this one sometime soon. Thanks for sharing! xoxo