Pages

Tuesday, June 23, 2020

Surprise!

I'm interrupting our vacation pics with an important announcement:

I have the best news ever!  I've been waiting to share this with you all until I got the ok.
I'm going to be a grandma again!
Our daughter Heather and her husband Andrew are expecting.  The whole family is especially thrilled because we've been praying and hoping for this baby for several years.

Heather and Andrew, along with Laura and Aaron and girls came over the week before Fathers Day to celebrate that along with Bob's birthday.  When Bob started to open his gift from them he got teary and said "really?, and that's how we found out.

Here's the gift they gave him:




And wrapped in that shirt was this:







Laura got a little gift too - this cute little onesie.  They mailed an awesome uncle shirt to Andy in KY too but we didn't get to see it.




This is the picture they used to announce it on Facebook.
The baby is due January 18.  Heather is a type 1 diabetic so she has lots of appointments ahead of her and they will be watching her carefully, but so far things are going well.  They've even heard the heartbeat!  Prayers for a healthy pregnancy and baby would be appreciated!

19 comments:

Terri D said...

This is just the best news to read!! Congratulations to you all!! I'm so excited for you and look forward to more good news as we get closer to January 17th! Prayers follow!

Mandy said...

How wonderful! Congratulations to everyone! I’m praying for a healthy pregnancy and great delivery for her.

Deb J. in Utah said...

Wonderful news! Congratulations to all!

Susan said...

What wonderful news! We are praying for our son and his wife to have a baby. Love the sonogram picture.

Unknown said...

Heather will be in my prayers every night. I can’t think of better grandparents, congratulations!

Hootin Anni said...

This news gives me chills! How so very wonderful. Bob looks happy...you sound happy...this is a very happy moment!! Something good from Covid19.

Joyful said...

This is great news for your family Mari and especially for your daughter and son in law. I pray a safe and healthy pregnancy and delivery. I like the way they chose to announce that a baby was on the way, both the t-shirt to Bob and the FB photo. Very clever.

Jean said...

Hallelujah!!! Wow, Mari, how did you keep this quiet??

On Sunday I was telling Anthony and Lori that we should be celebrating a significant anniversary. They wondered what, and I reminded them (because my FB memories had reminded me) that five years ago June 21 was also Father's Day and for some reason we had Austin for the day. I think they were going to be seeing a movie, but later we found out they had just stayed home. A month later when she got the huge amazing surprise of a positive pregnancy test we kind of figured out that Father's Day was when the future Hunter got started, hahahaha!! These long-prayed-for pregnancies are so joyful! I pray that Heather is able to keep her diabetes under control while carrying this precious baby and that there will be a healthy baby in her arms in January.

Congratulations!!!

Arlene G said...

How exciting...prayers for Heather and the baby in the days ahead. I know you cant wait to hold that new grand.

Linda said...

AWESOME!!!! I am so very happy for her (and you and Bob). Oh, Mari, I am so very happy, smiles. Keeping in prayer.

Changes in the wind said...

So happy for you all....congratulations!!

Laurel Wood said...

Finally I am able to comment....so very happy for you all. Congrats and may the Lord bless. xoxo

Ramblings of a Retired Lady said...

WONDERFUL news; congratulations.

Connie said...

So happy for you all....praying Heather stays healthy and the baby stays safe. I’ll bet your granddaughters are excited too.

Henny Penny said...

That gift for grandpa brought tears to my eyes. I'm so happy for all of you. Congratulations! You have such a nice family.

Laura said...

She sure did surprise us all! Can't wait to put that little one in the onesie! :)

LL Cool Joe said...

Oh wow that's wonderful news! Congratulations to you all! I'm praying things will go smoothly.

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

So excited for you all!! Congrats!! 🎉 ♥️ xoxo

Jenny the Pirate said...

This news makes me so happy. Congratulations to Heather and Andrew, and to all of you. That's one very fortunate little baby. xoxo