Pages

Wednesday, December 11, 2019

Cooking Thursday

Today I'm sharing a few recipes I've shared before, but they are easy Christmas treats, so I thought it was a good time to share again.


Peppermint Fudge

3 cups chocolate chips
1 can sweetened condensed milk
1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
crushed candy canes

Line an 8x8 pan with parchment paper.
Place chocolate chips and condensed milk in a bowl.  Microwave for 2 minutes.  Remove from microwave and stir, then add peppermint extract and stir.
Microwave for another 30 seconds, stir and pour into 8x8 pan.
Smooth out fudge and sprinkle crushed candy canes over top, then use back of spoon to press them slightly into fudge.
Refrigerate for several hours, then remove and cut into small squares.
Enjoy!


Best Ever Caramel Corn

2 bags Jays Corn Puffs
2 sticks butter
2 cups brown sugar
1/2 cup light corn syrup
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 teaspoon baking soda

Preheat oven to 250 degrees. Pour bags of corn puffs into a turkey roaster pan.
In a deep sauce pan, combine the butter, brown sugar, corn syrup and vanilla.
Bring mix to boil over medium heat. Once it begins boiling, boil for 2 minutes. (Don't over boil)
Remove from heat and stir in baking soda; the mix will become foamy.
Slowly pour half the mix over the corn puffs and stir gently. Then pour remaining mix over corn puffs and stir to coat fully.
Bake for 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes.
Dump entire contents onto wax paper to cool completely. Break apart and store in airtight container.



Pretzel Candy
Square pretzels
Hershey kisses, hugs or Rolo candies
Christmas M&M's

Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
Place parchment paper on a cookie sheet and lay out pretzels on it.
Place one Hug, Kiss or Rolo on each pretzel.
Place in oven for 3 minutes.
Remove from oven and press one M&M down into the center of each candy.
Cool in refrigerator until set.

12 comments:

Deb J. in Utah said...

Oh my, I need to try these fun recipes and get my Christmas baking on! Thanks and have a great Thursday!

Judy said...

They all look so good, I think I'll make the fudge and take it to our son's for Christmas.

Joyful said...

You always share some great recipes Mari!

Laurel Wood said...

Thanks! I need a few gift ideas for neighbors - these are perfect!

LL Cool Joe said...

If I could cook, these are the sort of things I'd love to create!

Linda said...

{{big grin}} I'm in! I'll be right over, LOLOLOL.

Arlene G said...

I lobe that pretzel candy. So easy and so pretty.

Anita said...

Sweets are one of the best things about the holidays!

Sandi said...

So very yum!

Terri D said...

These all look so good and easy to make! Thanks for sharing!!

Dianna said...

Really cute ideas...I think I may try the peppermint fudge.

Jenny the Pirate said...

Winners all! I think this is the year I try that peppermint fudge. I LOVE peppermint in anything. xoxo