Pages

Wednesday, December 12, 2018

Cooking Thursday

Today I'm sharing a soup recipe that is both tasty and healthy!  It's a good one this time of year, and helps to balance out the Christmas treats and party foods!

Vegetable Soup
1 1/2 cup hot water
2 tablespoons beef soup stock base
1 quart V8
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon Rosemary
1 teaspoon oregano
1/2 teaspoon Mrs Dash
3 bay leaves
1 small onion, chopped
1 cup sliced mushrooms
1 cup sliced carrots
1 cup diced celery
1 can mixed vegetable, including liquid
2 cups chopped cabbage

Stir together the hot water and beef base in a 6 quart crock pot.  Stir in the V8.
Add spices and bay leaves, then stir in all the veggies.
Cook on low for 8 hours.  Remove bay leaves before serving.

10 comments:

Ramblings of a Retired Lady said...

A winner!

Doris said...

Veggie soup that includes cabbage....yum yum!!!

Arlene G said...

Soup is always welcome in Winter!!

Sally said...

Oh, Mari. This looks and sounds so good. Nothing better, for me, than homemade vegetable soup. :)

xoxo

Michelle said...

I make a similar recipe and you are right, it is perfect for this time of year.

Jennifer Hays said...

I still make this all the time after I saw the recipe on your blog a couple of years ago! So good.

Debi said...

I love homemade soup... this one looks delicious! Thanks for sharing the recipe!

Debi said...

I love homemade soup.This one looks delicious, thank you for sharing the recipe.

Terri D said...

There is nothing better and the best veggie soup always has cabbage in it! So good!

corners of my life said...

I love that it has V8 in it.
I'll put in in my queue for Sunday Soup Suppers.
Thanks!