Pages

Monday, July 21, 2014

Pinterest Play Dough

Here's another thing I tried from Pinterest. This one worked!
This is called Silky and Stretchy Playdough, and you only need 2 ingredients to make it.
1 cup conditioner - the cheaper the better!
2 cups cornstarch
I thought this was a perfect thing for Alaina to make with me and then play with.

Here she is with the bowl of cornstarch.


We added the conditioner and she helped stir.  It took a few minutes to get it all stirred in.  You can add more cornstarch if it's too liquid, or more conditioner if it's too stiff.  Mine was good with the amount listed.


Alaina had fun playing with this. It smelled wonderful because I had coconut scented conditioner.  It was soft and very pliable.  This isn't the kind of play dough you would want to mold things from, but if you want something soft and easy to play with, this is great!
Store it in an airtight container.

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

She looks very happy playing with this and how great that it smells wonderful too.

Betsy Brock said...

Nice! I would have chosen coconut conditioner, too! ha. And she just has the sweetest face, doesn't she? Aw.

Sola Scriptura said...

Oh how easy and fun for a playtime project! Alaina is just darling!

Unknown said...

What a great idea and I bet she loved playing with it. Homemade things are the best, as is the $$$$. Happy Tuesday.

Hootin Anni said...

Oh my goodness....she has grown so much! What a doll.

And grandma is always thinking of all the fun things for her to do. You rock her world Mari.

Linda said...

What a great Grandma you are. Alaina is just so cute. Thanks for the smiles. Blessings

White Lace and Promises said...

I think even my Connor-man would love to do this. Will have to give it a try.

That baby girl is beeeeuuuuutiful! I could take her home with me. She's a pure doll. I know you are having fun, fun, fun!

sara said...

I do love pinterest! what did we do without it?!

Patsy said...

She is so cute! Did she nap in the new room?

Anonymous said...

How fun!! Alice and I may need to make this!

Jennifer Hays said...

Wow, this is a new one for me. I've never heard of it before. I bet it smelled great!

Brooke said...

I'm sorry, I couldn't get over how old Alaina looks!! so grown up!

Amy at love made my home said...

There you go, something else new!! xx

Cherdecor said...

Oh, that sweet little face!

Terri D said...

She looks like she is loving it! What a fun project to do together! Great photos. Adorable.

Jenny said...

Melly and Lissy are coming to stay with us for a few days in August and we're going to do this! Thanks for the idea, Mari! I know they'll love it. Also have you heard of the moon sand, made with flour and baby oil? I've been wanting to try that for ages. Between the conditioner and the baby oil this place is going to smell great. Alaina is a dollface. xoxo

Just A Southern Girl said...

I'll have to remember this for when Simon is older and we're visiting :)

Jean said...

This looks like such fun! I should make it with Destiny sometime for the boys.