Pages

Monday, July 15, 2013

Oh Oliver...

I've shared in previous posts about the trouble our cat Oliver can get into. He's at it again!
Here's a few pictures to show you Oliver doing what he does best - getting into little areas.

Here he has crawled into the open window and is between the regular window and the storm window.



These are my grocery totes.  I barely emptied them and Oliver jumped in.  (He only got to stay in long enough to have his picture taken...)

Last week when we were painting our bedroom, he got into a little more trouble.  Heather and I were painting and realized we hadn't seen him for awhile.  This isn't unusual, we figured he was hiding somewhere.  After a while though, we wondered where he could be.  We had heard some noises that sounded like he might be in the storage area in the basement, so we had both tried to find him, with no luck.  We weren't really worried though because we hadn't had any doors open and we knew he had to be in the house somewhere.
A little later we heard funny noises again and thought maybe he had gotten into Andy's room, which we'd been going in and out of because of storing things in there.  We went and looked, but no Oliver. 
Back to the painting and we here more funny noises from Andy's room.  We go back in and realize the noise is coming from the vent!  At this point, I'm thinking that I'll have to call Bob and tell him he has to come home and take apart the vent system to get the cat out!
We unscrewed the vent cover and Oliver popped right out - a little dusty but otherwise unharmed.  He apparently decided to check out the vent we had uncovered to paint around in our room.  He must have spent a few hours wandering around in there and come up into Andy's room.
We're glad he's ok, but we don't think he's learned anything from this incident.  :)

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

Never a dull moment with Oliver! Glad he is safe.

Our one cat could find his way on top of the drop in ceiling in our basement at our last home.

Jennifer Hays said...

I've never had a cat so I enjoy reading about their antics. He sounds like quite the rascal!

Mari said...

my brother's cat was found in the vent too!! too funny...

Susan said...

Loved the story of his being in the vent!!

Connie said...

I think you should name "curious". lol By the way, you should tell us about your cute totes.

Connie said...

I think you should name "curious". lol By the way, you should tell us about your cute totes.

Just Mom said...

Cats are the best, aren't they? ;-)

LOVE your grocery totes, by the way!

Hootin Anni said...

Oh this is too rich!! Cats...they are so entertaining, funny, quizzical, and sometimes downright annoying.

I LOVED this post. Of course, I love cats. Oliver?--------you rock!!

Cheryl @ TFD said...

I loved this story! LOL! I can totally see one of my cats doing this.

Aspiemom said...

Oh my! You never know what he is going to do next, do you? lol

Pat said...

Good thing cats have 9 lives! LOL! He's so cute, and obviously has a personality to go with it!

Unknown said...

Curiosity will kill the cat! Have heard that all my life, and having a cat of my own now, I know it is true. Sure glad Oliver is ok. Love the grocery totes...did you make them? Have a nice Tuesday.

Cherdecor said...

That story is just too cute! Oh, Oliver!

Terri D said...

Oh my! Too bad you didn't have a camera ready when he popped out of the vent! Oliver is a cutie! Never a dull moment when you have a cat. Glad he didn't get hurt!

Jean said...

That is funny! We had a black kitten that was prone to fits of energy, racing from one end of the house to the other and back again. We wouldn't even be able to catch him when he was like that. During one of those energy episodes he jumped up on top of the desk and just as I tried to catch him he went behind it. But when I looked for him behind the desk he was not there! I proceeded to open the desk drawers, and sure enough he came leaping out of one of them when I opened it. Scared me half to death too!!

LL Cool Joe said...

Ha ha, that's funny. When we had two cats they use to get into places you would never imagine they'd get into. Well maybe you would after Oliver's adventure round the air vents!