Pages

Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Cooking Thursday


I've got something to share for Cooking Thursday that's not anything new, just a twist on a good old hamburger! This is something we had in a restaurant and Bob wanted to try it at home. It turned out just as good at home!
For more recipes, visit Sandra at Diary of a SAHM.




Inside out Burgers

Prepare your burger as usual. While it's cooking or grilling, take the bun and butter the inside. Brown it on a griddle.
Then when you put it together, flip the bun, putting the outside in and top with whatever you like.
I've grilled the buns before, but for some reason when they are put together this way it changes the taste. Yum!
Warning - it makes them more messy!

12 comments:

Betsy Brock said...

Yum is right! I read somewhere once that it's all how the layers hit your tastebuds. It was very interesting article about how restaurants layer burger toppings in certain orders for this very reason. A grilled buttered bun would be very tasty inside out!

Anonymous said...

Sounds/looks so good to me!

Jean said...

Wow, now I'm hungry at this hour of the night!

Shelly said...

Wow! That does sound YUM. I will have to give that a try too.

Kari said...

haven't had a burger for a while and yours looks good. sounds like it would taste great too...

Beth Cotell said...

What an interesting concept! We are having burgers this weekend so I will have to remember this!!

Brooke said...

note to self: have plenty of napkins on hand.

Perri said...

Looks great to me -- burgers are one of my favorites!

Tumbleweed Contessa said...

Love it! I am going to try that next time. Football season must bring out our appetite for burgers. Check out my favorite burger. http://www.tumbleweedcontessa.com/blog/mexican-hamburgers/

Jenny said...

That sounds like heaven on a flip-flopped bun. We always toast our buns but have yet to reverse their direction. Will have to try.

Life and Breath and Everything Else said...

Clever. I'll have to try it. However, I can't imagine making my burgers even more messy than before (I usually end up with sauce on my shirt) :)

Life and Breath and Everything Else said...

Today we made inside out burgers. Lovely! Thank you for the idea :)