Pages

Sunday, November 13, 2011

Annual Christmas shopping trip


Those of you who have been around for awhile, know about our annual sisters shopping trip.
Every year in the beginning of November, my sisters Terri and Cheri, and myself spend a few days doing our Christmas shopping.
We started early Friday morning, after a stop at Laura's house to check in on Alaina.
We shopped all day and were ready for a break when we stopped for supper. We ate at Monelli's, a wonderful Italian place in town. That revived us enough for another shopping stop before checking in at the hotel.
Here you see the results of the 3 of us shopping all day. We always feel funny loading up the luggage rack with shopping bags, but it's nice to sort everything out and redo our lists.
We always have a lot of fun talking and laughing during the evening at the hotel, and this night was no different. We were up far too long, but what fun we had!
Terri had to leave on Saturday morning, because of some school activities her daughter had, but Cheri and I made a few more stops on our way home. When we got home, we both had almost all of our shopping done!
What a fun way to get that shopping out of the way!

14 comments:

Brenda said...

How nice to enjoy the holidays without last minute shopping. And have fun shopping partners along with it!

Karin said...

Is it that time of year again? Seems I just read about this not too long ago!! Glad you have such a fabulous tradition!

Rae said...

That's a lot of shopping. I can't seem to get in the mood to shop yet. I need to get on the ball because fighting the crowds later is not much fun at all.

LL Cool Joe said...

Wow I'm impressed!! So do people give you lists or do you just choose gifts you think people will like to receive? Our family tend to write lists, most of them from things on Amazon, which is good for me because I can sit here and shop on-line! But not as much fun as you've had.

A Stone Gatherer said...

I can't believe it is that time again! And after Cheri's cruise and everything! WOW she must be tired!!! What a blessing you guys have in your relationship with each other! It is something to be cherished!!

sara said...

you are so blessed!! I always wanted a sister!!!

I haven't even started on christmas!

Sylvia said...

What fun for you all. Are you still able to speak or have you all lost your voices I wonder. I love getting together with my sister. No doubt there were presents for Alaina in that pile..

Betty W said...

I´m always a little jealous of our shopping trips. I would totally enjoy that too. Looks like loads of fun.
Glad you were able to do it again this year.

Shelly said...

That is so very nice that you can get along with your sisters and have some great quality time together. Almost done shopping is another bonus. Where do you go on your yearly trip?

Mary said...

Mari, I always look forward to hearing about the shopping trip that you and your sisters take each year. Sounds like this was another fun time and to have your shopping done already is a real bonus.

I have most of mine done. I leave the grandsons until at least the 1st of December because they change their minds. I have Mom's and MIL's done, Barry is done. Great nephews I bought online last night. I just have my niece, daughter and the boys left to do.

Beth Cotell said...

How awesome to be almost done with your Christmas shopping this early!

Karen said...

This sounds like a great tradition! Get all your shopping finished and have so much fun in the process.

Unknown said...

One of these days, your sisters are going to realize that they have another sister that they've never met...ME! I sure would love to join in the fun. I love how you share this tradition together. It has got to be so much more enjoyable this way.

Jenny said...

Good grief Mari! I've bought like two presents. Gonna have to do something about that. You three girls have such a great plan. I love it. Merry Christmas!