It's time for Works for me Wednesday. To see what other people are sharing, visit We are THAT family.
I've posted before about Swagbucks, but if you haven't heard of it, it's a website where you do searches (like Google), but along with the information you get, you may win Swagbucks. When you collect enough Swagbucks, you may trade them in for prizes or gift certificates. I started using Swagbucks in May and have collected $135 of Amazon gift certificates since then. You can get most anything from Amazon and I've used mine for some Christmas gifts.
Today I want to tell you what I do to get the Swagbucks.
1) Install the Swagbuck toolbar on your computer. You get information from it, and a buck a day just for using it.
2) Here is what I do every morning to get 4 easy bucks.
a) minimize your current window and open another one. This gets you 1 for the toolbar.
b) on the left side of the Swagbucks home page is a list of quick links. One is for a poll. Answer the daily question and you get another buck.
c) The same list of links has one called NOSO. Click on it, then go through it clicking "skip" until another buck shows up.
d) Again, look at the list of links. Click on Trusted surveys and gather another buck.
That is 4 easy bucks every day. In a month you can get 120 just by doing these things!
3) Do searches! I do a search every morning, again in the afternoon when I get home from work and another one later in the evening. You can search for anything - you never know what might win. Just a warning - if you oversearch you will receive the rules page and can't search for anywhere from 2-24 hours. I've never had that happen to me yet, but once I win I stop for awhile. When searching, if what you put in doesn't get you anything, click on images. I often get bucks that way.
4) On the home page midway down is a yellow banner. It has different offers on it. I check it every few days, because sometimes it has videos that take only a few minutes to watch that will pay swagbucks. The banner and another link on the right side of the home page, called special offers has other ways to get swag bucks. Many of them aren't worth the hassle, but sometimes there are some easy ones that pay well.
5) The swagbuck people give out codes that give you bucks; usually between 4 and 12. These codes are given out usually daily on the weekdays and they may do one on the weekend. You can find out about these codes by installing a widget on your blog, following the Swagbucks blog or watching your swagbucks toolbar. The other thing you can do (which is my main way to find them) is to go to Facebook, and like the swagcodez page. They will then send out a message to your Facebook page when there is a code.
6) On that link list on the home page is one called trusted surveys. If you qualify for a survey you can get quite a few bucks. They have also recently added a link called Swagbucks TV. If you click on it you will find all kinds of videos to watch. They are all short and you never know when you might get some bucks for watching. I find it's usually about every 3 videos that you win 5 bucks.
These are my main ways of gathering swagbucks. It really doesn't take too much time and it's worth it! If you haven't tried it, click on the banner above to sign up!